Author Topic: Omg I'm new to this.  (Read 7117 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Omg I'm new to this.
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2015, 10:33:45 am »
Have you tried loud white noise? Wonder if she's looking for a heart beat sound?

Offline LadyA

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2015, 13:11:43 pm »
I haven't recently no she is in my room. I have before and noise bs no noise never seemed to make a difference. I had noise her first night in crib and she slept 4 in it and the next night she slept 5 without noise. And last night she just wouldn't go down :(

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2015, 17:44:35 pm »
My work buddy that I sit next to has an 8 month old too and he commented that his son isn't sleep well at the moment due to teething. Do you think it could be that? Are you medicating for it?

Offline LadyA

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2015, 20:18:24 pm »
I haven't recently medicated for teething no. I really never know when she is I don't have any idea what to give for that besides Tylenol cause her first 2 teeth came in pretty smoothly. She has gone down for her naps ok today. So we will see how tonight goes. Hopefully last night was just a regression. I'll give Tylenol before bed to see if that helps. I did put music on again for her naps and will for bed too.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 10:37:23 am »
You're already getting great advice but I just wanted to invite you to join us on the birth clubs 6-9 months, part 39
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline LadyA

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 13:00:40 pm »
I will go join!!! Last night was a bit better besides more night wakings. Once she wakes up its either feed her or put her in bed. She woke up 3 times to eat which isn't bad and I got some sleep so I feel ok about that. I think trying to cluster feed before bed actually doesn't work as well as cluster feeding/dream feeding. Normally she eats goes to bed wakes an hour later I feed her and she slept longer. But we are still figuring out a routine. She was in her crib all but 45 min last night when I refused to feed her and was trying to get her to go back to sleep without eating. It didn't work. But after I fed her she went back down in her crib so I'll call that progress. If I can get night wakings to twice a night I will call that ideal! Yesterday's easy

E- 7:30 bm
E- 9:15 solids
E- 9:55 bm
Total A = 3 hours
S- 10:35-12:15
E- 12:25 bm
E-2:39 bm
E- 3:10 snack
Total A = 3:35 hours
S- 3:50- 4:45
E- 4:40 bm woke up hungry
S- 4:45- 5:15
E - 6:25 solids
E- 7:05 bm
E- 8:15
Total A time = 3 hours
S- 8:20

She seemed good with her A times and I Definetly feel like all I'm doing is feeding her lol. Since she slept better on shooting for 3.5 A times but will follow her cues. I still have to resettle the naps which I'm hoping she starts doing on her own with time and just sleep through to the 1.5 hours.

What's the average nap time for a 8 month old? She seem to get 2.5-3 tops her total sleep is ranging on barely 14 hours a day cause she doesn't sleep 12 hours at night. If I capped her afternoon nap to 1 hour and still put to bed at 8 you think she might sleep longer/better?

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2015, 03:30:19 am »
I still have to resettle the naps which I'm hoping she starts doing on her own with time and just sleep through to the 1.5 hours.
Yep, this will come with practise.

You may get a longer night if you capped that second nap to 1hr, that would make it a more typical routine for an 8 month old, however an 11hr night is not out of the ordinary at this age and trying for a 12hr night when that may well not happen. TBH, I don't think she will sleep too much more than 14hr in 24 unless she's pretty high sleep needs which I'd say she's not given how she's going right now.

Offline LadyA

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2015, 14:46:14 pm »
I'm perfectly fine with 14 hours of sleep for her. Yesterday she took a 2 hour nap in the am I did 3.5 A time and then she only took a 40 min nap wouldn't sleep any longer. So I choose 3 hour A time before bed but she would go to sleep so I kept her up another 35 min and she went down. I dunno if it was over or under tired :( but it took awhile to get her to settle. I managed to keep her in her crib all night. With night wakings I was able to finally get her back down without feeding twice and only had 2 night feedings which is a huge improvement!!! I think she has habitual waking from co sleeping and getting boob. So I'm trying to cut down night feedings and her learn to settle without. It's a 30 min battle so she lost about an hour of sleep but after her morning feeding made some of it up and woke up in a great mood! It was the first morning I got to sleep in and my hubby had her they did ok. She seems tired alottle early but pushing for 3 hour A time so we get a good nap again!! It's slowly all working lol thanks for the support. I have 3 more nights that I can stay up and take care of her so hoping with each night resettling takes less and she starts sleeping longer than 2-3 hours. I'm aiming for 4 and that would give me 2 night wakings with he dream feed lol. Guess we will see as the weekend progresses!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2015, 19:28:59 pm »
Sounds like thing are going well - 2 hours naps from less than one hour is great!

Offline LadyA

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2015, 23:35:27 pm »
Yea every day is a new day :( today has been bleh she was literally passing out in my arms so I laid her down for her afternoon nap but after 30 min she was up and wide awake. Her A time has been wonky too. I dunno if it's cause she fell back asleep after her morning wake up for 30 min but she still wanted to nap 2.5 hours after getting up. Then napped for 1:20 and would resettle then a 3 hour A time with her falling asleep on me after like 2.75 so laid her down she went down easy. But after 30 min she just wouldn't go back down I spent 35 min trying 😩😩😩 then started her bedtime routine at 2.5 but she just will not go down. It was a serious cry fest and I'm not one to for her my child so after 15 min I'm in the living room bouncing her in her bouncer hoping to try again in 30. What do you do when they are obviously overtired? I think her tummy may be bothering her I dunno if she is constipated she had 3 small thick poops today like barely came out. Not hard but Definetly not soft... Sorry gonna go ask in another forum but that might have something to do with it. Gave her some fig so hopefully tomorrow is better. Really hoping tonight is not bad from her being overtired :( I could use some sleep lol but I know this takes time. I'm just bouncing to calm her then trying again.

Offline LadyA

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2015, 04:08:43 am »
I'm sorry done continuing  my post but it's not getting better and I do not know what to do. I'm running on 3 hours of sleep from last night and just totally bummed. The last 2 nights have been 90% getting herbs to sleep eventually anyway possible. It's a constant resettling over and over every 45 min to an hour. She just is not settling herself she slept better the first few nights now I'm just cracking. Today she was tired from crap sleep and wouldn't take long nap till like 5 when I had to cap her nap cause it was gonna ruin bedtime. Now I'm on my 2nd night waking and been up 40 min resettling and she kinda does then she jerks rubs her face rolls and cries... Over and over. I'm kinda just not doing well at all. She was in such a crap mood this morning my husband couldn't even watch her do I could try to sleep and I fear tomorrow will be the same. I just wanna give up I do not see improvements overall just random cases of a decent night that are not consecutive. I am running on fumes from doing this all week... What can I do :(

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 09:23:54 am »
What did yesterday look like?

Is she teething at all?

Offline LadyA

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2015, 18:21:47 pm »
E 7:15
E 10 am
A 7:15-10
S 10-10:45 wouldn't go back to sleep no matter how hard I tried.
E 11:50
A 1045-12:45
E:1245
S 1-1:35 she was falling asleep in my arms so was going for 3 naps today
E 2:30
E 4:30
A 1:35 4:35
S 4:35- 5:55 I capped this nap for a reasonable bed time.
E 7:00
E 8:00
A 6-8:00
S 8:05-11:35 she slept in her crib
From 11:35-2:45 she was up and would not go to sleep I let her play in her crib I tried nursing I tried rocking I literally tried it all she finally fell asleep in my bed but woke up every 45 min to an hour till wu at 8 am.

My husband kept her up for 3 hours but then let her catnap on him cause he thought it was cute 😭😭😭😭
So today has been

E 8 am
E 10
A till 11
S11-11:40
E 11:55
S 12-12:35
E 2
A 12:35-2
S 2-      She is currently asleep she was just passing out 😭😭

She could be teething but shows no signs of it that I can tell

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2015, 18:54:17 pm »
I do wonder if NWs like that are discomfort and it is teething. Maybe try meds before bedtime tonight?

I know it is hard but I think those short naps are UT with the short A time. Not sure what to suggest when she is falling asleep as she is so tired from the NWs. Seems cruel to keep her awake but wonder if that would be best, even if just for another 15 mins.

Olly always did his longest nap first then his cat nap last but maybe she would prefer her CN first? I seem to remember (we are talking 5 years ago) some babies prefer that?

Offline LadyA

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2015, 21:36:42 pm »
I honestly do not know. All week she was taking her long nap in the am and cat nap in the afternoon and now everything is upside down and just put her down for her 4th nap today which seems ridiculous but she has had 3 cat naps and there was no way I was keeping her up for a decent bedtime without having an awful bedtime so now I'm just letting her nap and gonna have a later bedtime tonight. I gave her Tylenol before bed last night and I even gave her some today and it hasn't seemed to make any difference. I'm starting to think its growing or a leap in which case it's just gonna be wacky till it passes. I don't think I had enough of a engrained routine before this started for it to help. I think some of the naps are undertored but literally he is just tired and y and I try to keep her up but she eventually finds a way to fall asleep on me or just starts crying till I nurse her to sleep. She is nursing constantly today which makes me believe it's something but I do not know how to get the routine back. I'm going on 6 hours in 3 days 😭😭 this is worse than ever it seems