Author Topic: 12 month sleep regression  (Read 850 times)

Offline Robinkvernon

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
12 month sleep regression
« on: August 29, 2015, 11:58:20 am »
My LO just turned 1 and was doing great with 10 hours of night sleep. Now we have had 4 nights of multiple (3-5) night wakings. There's quite a bit going on so here we go:

1-just stopped breastfeeding last week (we had gotten down to just mornings)
2- started drinking milk (no known allergies or sensitivity)
3- started eating food at daycare (home daycare, overall healthy but food is more sugary and processed than we do at home)

Just need some advice what to do. We have been on a solid schedule since he was born so I know that doesn't need tweaking. He takes one nap from 1-3:30 every day. BT is at 7:30. We have our wind down routine.

When he does cry either me or my DH go in and comfort him. We don't take him out of his crib. We will give him his pacifier and lay him down. He wants to have our hand on his head or holding our hand till he falls asleep. Sometimes it take 30-45 minutes. Sometimes it take 5. Thanks for any advice!!!

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 12 month sleep regression
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 17:18:10 pm »
Sounds like teething to me hun, any sign of teeth coming? From 1yo with the molars then the canines at 18mo were by far worse for us wrt to NW's.

Saying that, when did he go to one nap hun? 2.5hrs is a long nap, many are closer to 2hrs at this age with a 13hr day or so xx

Offline Robinkvernon

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 11:22:44 am »
He has 6 teeth now. I don't see any breaking through but it's a strong possibility

We went to one nap about 6 weeks ago.  So should I hold it to 2 hours?  He's never been a long night sleeper. 10.5-11 hours tends to be our max.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 18:40:02 pm »
Hmm I probably wouldn't want to switch too much up if teething is the culprit hun. I'd probably give it another week and see if it settles down

Saying that when DD first went to one nap, she had lovely 2.5hr naps. I had to chop ours down pretty rapidly to 2hrs where it stayed for a good year. We wee getting NW's and BT shenanigans at the time. If you do decide to cut the nap back a bit, you'd probably have to bring BT a little earlier if the A time works well atm xx