Author Topic: Reason for 7am wake-up?  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Tracy_reid20

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 29, 2015, 12:49:55 pm »
Hi,
I am about to start my 4 1/2 m old on the 4hr EASY and was just wondering if there is a specific reason that Tracy picked 7am as the wake-up time?  Is there some sort of baby internal clock reason or could I just as successfully do wake up at 8 and shift the whole routine by 1hr? (Instead of WU at 7, first S at 9 etc., can I do WU at 8, first S at 10 etc.?)
Thank you!

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Reason for 7am wake-up?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 17:14:05 pm »
I'm not 100% sure why Tracy had 7am as the optimal wu hun. Maybe that just fits in with the average family life. Tbh I drove myself nuts trying to be on 7-7 routine when DD was young, turns out she was more of a 6am wu girl than a 7am never mind what I did. They just have their own natural biorhythm. So yes, you can totally move things up an hour, not a problem at all, just remember these bubbas may have an idea of their own what they would like their average wu to be, you just have to go with the flow really xx

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 17:16:13 pm »
We did 8am start to the day! Worked with no issues at all. Gave us more time together in the evening when my DH got home from work.

Offline Tracy_reid20

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 18:40:28 pm »
Excellent thank you!  Good point, I will have to see when she is best. I will try starting with 8am and see how she does!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 17:31:55 pm »
I think Honey that 7-7 is based on so circadian cycle and amount of light during different times of the day and how melanine is produced in their organism. They theoretically sleep the best from 7-7 but some children are totally fine with 8-8 routine. If you are pushing bt to have later wake up and you don't get till 8am finally maybe your DD will be better on 7-7 routine!
~Marta

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 19:55:09 pm »
Marta what BW book is that in?  Tracey always just said that 7-7 was an example and you do the best times that suit for your family. Bit like how some people have natural EW and Tracey said you may have to start your day at 6am.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 20:41:54 pm »
That's not in Tracy's book Honey that why I wrote what I think:). The 7-7 cycle is recommended by every single sleep trainer and many books explain that based on cyrcadian cycle. Whatever you call it, it's just about kids waking around 7am every day and that's why it's good to put them down around 7pm to give them opportunity to sleep 12h night.
Of course it's different when they are older and there are many kids who will function on different routine. In general anything between 6-8 is somehow fine, 5-5 or 9-9 seems to be too much I guess.
~Marta