Author Topic: Anyone experience weakness from breastfeeding?  (Read 1440 times)

Offline MommyN

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Anyone experience weakness from breastfeeding?
« on: August 29, 2015, 18:52:55 pm »
Hi. Was wondering if anyone has experience with constantly feeling weak and tired from breastfeeding. My LO is 5 months and is an angel baby on a fairly consistent easy routine. I EBF and am always weak no matter how much sleep I get. Nursing makes me starving and I eat and drink all the time. I lost all my baby weight plus without even trying (actually with eating more than ever!). I think it's the nursing taking everything out of me. I don't have mono or anemia or anything. Did anyone else have this? I'm debating whether or not to replace some of his feeds with formula. Will I have more energy if I do combination feeding? I really need my energy back to deal with my spirited 2 year old and his baby bro! TIA!

Offline stuckunderhere

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • Micah's FPIES Life
Re: Anyone experience weakness from breastfeeding?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 19:28:11 pm »
Up your protein and healthy fat (avocado, nuts/seeds, etc) intake and eat small meals all throughout the day instead of 3 big meals
~Sarah~
Proud mama bear to:

Samuel - 10
Elijah - 6
Micah - 3

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 19:39:59 pm »
I lost baby weight and tons more after both my babies because of the feeding, didn't matter how much I ate (boy do I wish that was the case now ;) ) however I didn't feel weak... Just skinny haha! How do you know you're not anaemic- have you had a blood test recently?
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline MommyN

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 20:10:37 pm »
Yes. I remember thinking something must be wrong with me with my first also and all bloodwork came back normal. I don't remember when the weakness stopped. I nursed him through the first few months of my second pregnancy. (He had MSPI and would NOT take a bottle.) That's why I think it's from nursing - it feels like the same thing all over again. I eat more now than ever before spread throughout the day.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 10:52:21 am »
Did they check your vitamin D levels? I've heard that can be an issue. Are you taking a BFing vitamin supplement with it in? And lots of sunlight.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011