Author Topic: FTM with 3month old...too late for EASY?  (Read 4004 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: FTM with 3month old...too late for EASY?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 04:14:51 am »
Haha no worries!

Wow sounds like you have a great routine...so even if they have a bad night, the wake up time is the same?

How do you manage when traveling or away. We are on the right track with my boy but then we went to the grandparents for a couple of days and everything went downhill
Jennifer xx

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 05:16:55 am »
Yup!  When DS2 was still super teeny, 0-3 months, if he had a rough night I would let him sleep in a little (30 mins tops) but now that he's up for 2.5 hours, if I let him sleep it in messes the whole day up!  With a barely 2 yr old as well, we do not mess with the system! ;) 
We haven't done a ton of traveling, mostly just to visit my parents and some friends but my parents just follow our lead and our friends are just as anal about their kids routine so they total get it  :D.  It does mean that we don't get much relaxation on our 'vacations' but they're only this young for such a short period of time, we don't really care.  It would be nice to sleep in until 8am one day....oh to dream of that moment!!  Until then, I live for the moment when the DF is gone and I can go to bed at 9:30 or 10!

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 21:07:21 pm »
Ok that sounds like a plan...what  about when they are sick. LO has been sick this entire weekend so I haven't started with the WU. Is that ok?

Haha well I'm happy to hear your family and friends understand. I'll probably have a mixed group. I know I will have to assert myself when it comes to his schedule. I guess I can kiss my late morning wake ups goodbye  :o
Jennifer xx

Offline lauradj

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 21:16:58 pm »
Ah, when they're sick the whole routine goes out the window.  I let them sleep until they wake up, if they want to nap an hour after they wake up, fine.  If they want to nap for 3 hours, sounds good.  Their bodies need to heal, and sleep helps.
Ironically, I set the wrong alarm this morning and didn't wake until just before 7.  Fortunately, DS1 bashed his water cup around a few times, waking me up.  :D :D :D

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 04:04:54 am »
Haha what a great way to start the morning!!

I was wondering (now that he is waking up much later since he's been traveling and got sick). Do I just wake him up at 7 or do I gradually get him there? Right now he's waking up at 9 am on average. Not sure how to approach this. 
Jennifer xx

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 18:49:08 pm »
Also when should I consider extending A time. Today I tried for 1.5 and still got 40-50 minute naps. Both times he fought me so I nursed him down smh. Should I continue with this for a certain time before extending A? Or should I try for longer? LO is about to be 14 weeks on Thursday.
Jennifer xx

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 03:41:49 am »
Its worth trying the new A time for 2-3 days just to see if the nap extends, especially when he's had short naps for a while - can be just habit initially. It is worth though increasing by 5mins if 1.5hr isn't quite enough and see if that helps.

Offline lauradj

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 04:00:07 am »
Yup, I agree with bec with regards to naps.  Also keep in mind it will take a solid week, possibly two before everything irons out.  With regards to the morning WU time, it depends what time he's going to bed.  If bed time is 7pm, he should be ok with you waking him at 7am, as that's a solid 12 hrs of rest.  If you're putting him to bed later, I would suggest moving bed time forward a bit and gradually syncing the two up. 

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 15:15:14 pm »
Thank you ladies...I'm going to try 1hr 35 min A time and see how that goes for a week. With WU time. I have tried to push up bedtime even with a routine but he wakes up like they are catnaps until he knocks out for the night between 9-11 smh. It was suggested to me to gradually wake him up earlier to shift everything up. So I'm going to start that and hopefully it pushes up BT.
Jennifer xx