Author Topic: 3 year old night awakenings  (Read 666 times)

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 06, 2015, 08:17:59 am »
Hi ladies.
My 3.5 year old has recently started pre-school. She settling in well although asks frequently why does she have to go.

This weekend she came into our room at 4am saying she couldn't sleep and it was too dark. I put her back to bed with her older sister whom she shares with, and left her bedroom door open.

5 minutes later she's back doing the same thing so I told my husband to go in a lie with her.

Last night she done the same and my husband went into sleep with her.

I'd rather this didn't get into a habit.

Any ideas whats going on? Xxx

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 3 year old night awakenings
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 11:29:43 am »
Sounds like it could be developmental/adjusting to a new setting.  Could she be getting extra tired and need an EBT or two to help as well?  I would be pretty firm about not starting a habit of sleeping with her though unless that's something you are happy to continue longer term.  When DD has had episodes like this I have maybe stayed a minute or two with her until she is calm but have told her it's time to sleep and mummy needs to sleep too, and generally it has passed after a few days x

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 12:03:02 pm »
Yes you could be right about needing an earlier bedtime. Her typical day would be from 8am-8.30pm bed. Maybe she needs some more sleep.