Author Topic: Fighting nappy changing at 7 months  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Fighting nappy changing at 7 months
« on: September 10, 2015, 09:00:20 am »
Hi, I don't know if it's a good place to post for this, but please move the post to the right place if that's the case.
My DS is 7.5 months and started crawling (but still on his belly) 2 weeks ago. Since then it has become impossible to change his nappy!! He would roll over to his belly every time. That gives me a total of 5 sec on his back to change his nappy:/
It seems to me, I have tried everything. Talking to him, giving him things to hold (other nappies, toys, teether, phone, paci, books, blanket), singing, tickling, making faces, and that's probably all the ideas I had. It takes from 5 min to 20 min to change a nappy, when I need to dress him that's even worse. I change him upside down and in many acrobatic positions :(
That can be nerverecking, believe me. I feel like we struggle and fight most of the time. I know you are not suppost to resstle with your LO, but I don't know what else can I do.
Do you have any other ideas?
Oh, and please, tell me it's a common thing :)

Offline Kfro

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Fighting nappy changing at 7 months
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 12:34:03 pm »
You could be describing my ds perfectly!! I dread having to change his nappy as it is always a big performance! I don't have much advice as the only thing that has worked for us is giving him the sudocrem tub to play with but now he can get the lid off so can't do that anymore :/. I'm sure it is a phase that will pass and just know that you are not alone! Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 13:12:16 pm »
Ha ha that cosmetic I actually didn't try yet :) Maybe it's a magic cream!
Always up the hill with my little boy ;]

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 22:51:48 pm »
I got really good at putting on nappies in many positions! Does he stand holding onto anything yet? Just wondering if the novelty might help him stay still? It did for DS for a time.

It is possible to do the nappy while they're on their belly, just takes a bit of practise! I held the front of the nappy up with one hand (arm between the legs) and did the tabs with the other. Sometimes if you lift them slightly off the floor, they're happy enough to let you do that given they're still in crawling stance...

Offline Bella89

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 12:27:09 pm »
That's a great advice, thank you!

No, he doesn't stand yet:/ I made one of the toys work for a day, then I found out that when I do it really fast he's laughing at me, curious of what I'm doing. But now we're back to square one.

I gotta learn how to do it when he's on his belly. With disposables it's not that bad, it's reusable diapers that are the worst. They actually have naps that I have to click:/

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 19:24:53 pm »
Yeah, that would be more tricky...

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 17:34:10 pm »
I was wondering if this may help. I bought pull up pants/nappies as my nearest shop didn't have the right nappies for us and turned out ok. Might be a little easier just to quickly pull them up whilst you're lo is moving around.

Hth

Offline Bella89

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 19:50:38 pm »
I was thinking about it... I think reusable nappies are going bye bye for now:/