Author Topic: Will my toddler outgrow his sensitivity to overtireness?  (Read 695 times)

Offline Reeds Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Will my toddler outgrow his sensitivity to overtireness?
« on: September 09, 2015, 13:59:25 pm »
My 17 month old is SUPER sensitive to becoming overtired. When will he outgrow this?
If we miss, or even have a shorter nap, for just one day, we are guaranteed an early waking (4:00am-ish)

For example, yesterday, he slept from 7:00pm-7:30am. A solid 12.5 hours. During the day, however, he only got a 50 minute nap from 11:00-11:50am and then 20 minute nap from 3:00-3:20pm. Because we knew he was short on naps, we put him down at 6:30pm last night and, just like clockwork, he was up at 4:30am.

Why do some babies just roll with the punches and seem not to be affected by overtiredness and my little guy can't even have a shortened nap? When will he outgrow this?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Will my toddler outgrow his sensitivity to overtireness?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 15:23:20 pm »
Hi I think they do outgrow it to a degree as they get older but then us as adults are all different and have different needs so maybe that's how it is for little ones.

Is you nap normally at 11am, with a 12.5 hour night and good WU time id be tempted to push it a little later...sometimes helps with the EW x
Zoe