Author Topic: New home, disaster sleep!  (Read 954 times)

Offline CattyPads

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 09, 2015, 14:12:38 pm »
Hello,

I have a right disaster going on here....
My DS has always slept really well apart from a few hiccups lately due to a change of routine, but we eventually got back to normal.
But we have just moved house and he refuses to sleep in his new room, it took us over an hour to get him to sleep last night then he woke super early. Now he has refused his nap, he is so overtired running around like a madman. He also has a new cot in the new room.
I understand it's a huge upheaval for a two year old (2 yrs 3mo), what do you guys recommend we do, I am not sure how to deal with this?
I don't know whether to leave him crying, let him not sleep....
He is just running, laughing, crying...completely lots it  :'( he is exhausted.
Thanks.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: New home, disaster sleep!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 15:26:14 pm »
Poor you and LO, have you been spending lots of time in his new room just playing or reading?

I'd not force the nap but maybe try a walk in buggy or car ride!?

Can he take a fave toy to bed or pick something he wants to have in his new cot like a new blanket or pillow?x
Zoe

Offline CattyPads

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 21:14:26 pm »

No we haven't spent much time there, we only moved yesterday...today we spent a lot of time making it nice and putting all his things and furniture there. He has a scraggly old towel he loves  ::) and a sheep and we put it all there for him. But he just refuses to stay in his cot. (This has never happened before).

I will try the stroller nap tomorrow thanks :)

Do you think it's just a question of time?
And in the meantime, when he cries sooooo bad asking to be taken out what should I do? I am so scared of him "learning to play up" so I am trying to be firm but I don't want to upset him when it's a tricky time for him. I am at loss cause he has always been so good sleep wise. My poor little boy is exhausted!  :(

Ps. Whatever I do now, could it create bad habits? Ie him only wanting to nap in the stroller and so on.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 06:48:36 am »
At this age the odd nap in stroller shouldn't cause too much probs, I'd try stroller for a couple of days and take the pressure off you both but in the meantime spend lots of time playing in there, roll play maybe of going to sleep..

Have you tried a bit of gradual withdrawal just until he's a bit more settled?

My DS did start to have some nap refusal at this age, it could be start of 1-0 not saying it's full on happening but some LO do nap drop now so it could all be a bit coincidental.
Zoe

Offline CattyPads

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 22:15:05 pm »
Thank you, things seem to be settling and he isnt freaked out by his room anymore  :D and naps are back on no problem!!

He is still waking quite a bit earlier though,could a late BT cause an EW?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 22:17:30 pm by CattyPads »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 06:17:29 am »
That's good to hear. Yes late BT can for us around this age we had 1.5 hour nap but 13.5 hour day x
Zoe