Author Topic: Struggling to fit in the feeds around naps!  (Read 1429 times)

Offline ecwinters

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Struggling to fit in the feeds around naps!
« on: September 11, 2015, 19:39:00 pm »
Hi,
My DS is 5.5 months and recently his A time has increased.  He is also napping for longer stretches during the day, which is great, but I am finding it hard to work out when to feed him.  He's ebf and can't really go more than 3.5 hours without a feed so we can't do a 4 hour EASY.  He's not gaining much weight at the moment so I want to make sure he's getting enough milk during the day.

He's still quite erratic, but today's EASY was:

Wake Up - 7:00
Eat - 7:15
Activity
Sleep: 9:05-10:05 (I am working on stretching this first A time to get a longer nap!  Sometimes I do get 1 hour 20 minutes.)

Eat-10:30
Activity
Eat-12:00 (gave top up feed before nap)
Activity
Sleep: 12:45-14:15

Eat-14:30
Activity
Catnap in car: 16:40-17:05

Eat-17:15 (one side only)
Bath time
Eat-18:15
Bedtime-18:45

If anyone has any ideas of how best to spread these feeds out then that would be great.  Do you think top up feeds are a good idea or should I just give a half feed and another half feed?  I am worried that without he'd wake up early from nap number 2 hungry.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Struggling to fit in the feeds around naps!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 00:13:55 am »
We did top up feeds at the point where A times and naps meant that the normal E time landed in the middle of the nap. We did it about 15-20 min pre nap with a bit of A time in between but it also works well for some to do it sooner than that.
Heidi