Author Topic: earlier and earlier BT  (Read 4479 times)

Offline AMJ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: earlier and earlier BT
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2015, 19:01:14 pm »
I've got an explanation for the latest multiple NWUs, she is sick. There was no signs of being sick until this late morning when she started to sneeze and got a runny nose. I left her with DH for an hour and when I came back I noticed that she has a fever. The only thing is I still don't know if the nap refusal and her "usual" NWUs have anything to do with her being sick. It all  started more then a week  ago or even longer but I could not tell for the life of me that she was sick. She doesn't get sick often so maybe she was just fighting it without any signs. Or the nap refusal and multiple NWUs are two different things. Do you think I should just let her nap as long as she wants today, which could be 2.5hrs?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 19:08:17 pm by AMJ »

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 09:54:11 am »
Hi there, sorry I haven't been back for a while.

Yeah, I think that when they're sick it's really hard to guess when/how much sleep to have so IIWM I'd let her nap as long as she likes today, up to 2.5 hrs say, and then try to judge BT accordingly (i.e. depending on how tired she seems).  Once she's better then you'll be able to see how things are again.

It sounds like she is in the 1-0 transition (which can last ages).  Have you read this?
The 1-0 transition...Advice and Tips to help you through.

It might give you some more ideas to think about for when she's better.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 10:55:11 am »
Cath thanks that's what I did,  before going to nap she said that she was tired so I let her nap as long as she needed and she slept for 2.5hrs and had a regular BT at 9pm, but she still woke up twice at night and stayed up for a while. It's weird, it seems like these NWUs are typical UT but when I cut her nap she still has NWU. It's like anything I try doesn't help her get well rested. 

Yes this transition is never ending. It started in December last year and it's been pretty bad since then. And thanks for the link I've read it many time :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 11:19:46 am by AMJ »

Offline barbaraz78

• Showing Appreciation 68
  • In the fall...
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 12:14:28 pm »
Does she call you when she wakes?
In my experience, kids wake in the night, especially when younger. The difference is if they call you or not. F would wake every night until he was 3-4 yo (sometime I could hear him in the other room) and often had a sip of water (from the bottle I left close to the bed) or did look for his lovely, but he did not call us if he didn't need us.
Barbara

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 14:29:34 pm »
She used to just lay there and not call me but for couple of months now she calls me: I want my mommy, or potty, or she can't find her bunny, or tonight  at  4:30 am she said she didn't want to S anymore but then fell asleep at 5:45. Although when she started tossing at 11:30 and looked restless I went in to check on her thinking she might have a fever and she did. I gave her meds and checked on her in 30m and she wasn't as hot anymore so fever went down but she still stayed up till 1:15 but this time she didn't call me at all.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 14:34:49 pm by AMJ »

Offline barbaraz78

• In the fall...
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 20:15:40 pm »
When F has fever he cannot sleep. He wakes and stays up for 1 or 2 hours, also when I give meds and fever goes down. For the other reasons, I would be sure that she has what she needs before going to sleep (potty near bed, water, etc) and then I would respond to nw telling her she needs to sleep - from your room at the beginning and then, if you need to go because she needs you to find the bunny, I would go out immediately, no interaction at all. If she cries, I would do wi/wo. The message is if you do not really need me, then you need to be quiet because it is night time, and you should sleep to be rested and I am sleeping too...
Barbara

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2015, 20:21:10 pm »
DD is probably like your son :)

She has water on the night stand beside her( but she asks me to get it for her usually even when I tell her to get it herself) and there is a potty in her room but because she is still in the crib I need to help her with it. I'll try to be more strict. Thanks

Offline barbaraz78

• In the fall...
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 20:28:26 pm »
there is a potty in her room but because she is still in the crib I need to help her with it.
Of course. I didn't think about it.
Anyway, even in this case, try to keep interaction at minimum. With my son, if I relaxed the rules he was waking every night... Might not be the problem, but just in case...
Barbara

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 20:31:26 pm »
She knows how to , I don't want to say manipulate me, but something along those lines