Author Topic: 2 years and 9 months cries every night  (Read 917 times)

Offline duoduo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 14, 2015, 03:42:27 am »
Hi, my girl is 2 years and 9 months, every night, she cries at least once, patting will help her go back to sleep, but it really concerns me when it happens every night and multiple times a night sometimes.

her routine:

no school days
wake up 7:00am
breakfast 7:00 ~ 7:45
lunch 11:30 ~ 12:15pm
nap 2:15 ~ 4:15pm
supper: 6:15~7:00
bedtime 9:30pm

school days
wake up 7:00am
breakfast 7:00 ~ 7:45
sleep on school bus for about 20mins
lunch 12:15 ~ 1:00pm
no nap
supper: 6:15~7:00
bedtime 8:30pm

I did try to push her noon nap earlier, but didn't work, she just doesn't fall in sleep until 2:15pm ish. but doesn't look like the nap matter, on school days, she sleeps on the school bus, so she skips the nap, still no improvement at night sleep.

any help is appreciated.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 2 years and 9 months cries every night
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 03:57:51 am »
How many days does she go to school versus being at home? Tbh it sounds like she may be ready to have the nap capped and focus more on night sleep. Bedtime of 9:30 with a 7 am wake up is pretty late, thinking perhaps if naps at home were shortened to say 45-60 min then bedtime could be earlier for a more restful.night sleep. How is her mood on the days when she only naps 20 min?
Heidi

Offline duoduo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 17:29:00 pm »
Thank u for the prompt reply, she just started school this Sept, 4 days a week (Tue ~ Fri, morning half day) but her night crying issue has been more than 2 months, so don’t think it has anything to do with school. And no difference between school days and none school days, which means if she sleeps on the bus and skips the 2 hours noon nap, she is still happy & active for the rest of the day.

Talking about shortening her 2 hours noon nap to 1 hours, If late bed time is the reason, why did she still cry on those school days? on those days I tried to send her to bed earlier as she only had 20 mins nap on the bus.

There has been 2 days since I posted the thread, and they were quiet nights, no cry at all for some reason, except earlier morning wake up , 6:30. I will keep my eyes on it and come back with new observation, but hopefully I don’t have to come back with the same thread. LOL

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 04:13:29 am »
Oh glad you had some quiet nights! Fx things continue that way! If her mood is good on the super short nap days sheay be ready to start the road to no nap by capping her nap the other days as sometimes being undertired can cause nw issues just as much as overtiredness can.
Heidi