Author Topic: 5mo: crying after/during sleep  (Read 5692 times)

Offline Apple001

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 5mo: crying after/during sleep
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2015, 20:08:55 pm »
Thanks you for the reply. I will post somewhere else.

Just a couple of  questions regarding the top-offs:
1) she seems to be fine with top offs during the last two days, but she was waking up in the middle of the night for a cot party around 4am.  I'm not sure if this is a top off issue or just teething issue because I was actually giving her Tylenol around 12am and it says that Tylenol lasts for 4 hours. Just wanted to check.
My friend also said she had these 4am cot parties when she had a long A time in the morning and late naps. She limitted the first A time by 2-2.5 hours and these issue went away.

2) today I gave her top off in the morning and she only fell asleep after 4 hours and 20 minutes of awake time. It felt like this top off recharged her and she couldn't go to sleep (even though she showed the sleepy signs). Moreover she slept only 35 minutes after such a long awake time.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 07:34:51 am by Apple001 »

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2015, 14:25:05 pm »
You could do the top up earlier in the A time and see if that works better. Hard to say what the nw was about, though with teething involved I would suspect that first. Some kids do well with a shorter first A time but for some it can lead to ew and a cot party sounds like an undertired wake up which says a tweak might be needed!
Heidi

Offline Apple001

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2015, 19:14:08 pm »
MasynSpencerElliotte, thank you! I will check out the other boards.