Author Topic: 28 months waking up every 3 hours at night pls any advise??  (Read 1766 times)

Offline wilow

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
28 months waking up every 3 hours at night pls any advise??
« on: September 16, 2015, 13:54:17 pm »
 :(Hello. I need help again, maybe somebody will have idea what to do.
My DS1 is 28 months now, for last eight months he has rough nights, waking up few times during the night crying well roaring to be honest. For months we had problem with BT so we decided two months ago to drop the nap during the day. He used to nap about 1 hour around 1pm and then we had BT at 9.30pm or late and he would cry for ages, we put him to bed at 8pm. After dropping the nap he actually going to sleep 7.30 - 8pm without problems.
But after 2,5 or 3 hours he wakes up crying I tried do not go straight to him but he would cry even more, I have DS2 who is 6 months old and sleeping in next room. So I go to him and he is coming with this ridiculous ideas to read book or something else, and then he decides to go to toilet, he still uses nappies and he is not toilet train yet. After that he is going to sleep, and wakes up again after 3 hours crying, the same story, going back to sleep, wakes up after 2.5 hours, same story, going to sleep, wakes up 7 am for the day. To be honest I am really tired between this I have to go to feed my DS2 during the night, as he still feeds once or two during the night.
For months I thought he has night terror but like before he wouldn't be awake now he actually is awake and responsive.
Any thoughts?? Thank you for any advise.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:50:16 am by wilow »

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 28 months waking up every 3 hours at night pls any advise??
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 22:14:58 pm »
Hi there, sorry that your post has been missed - i will bump it up for you x

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 06:31:16 am »
Hi there, have you tried an earlier BT to rule out OT? If you are on NND a lot of LO's need a shorter day to start with to be able to deal with no day sleep.

How do you deal with these wakings, as in do you chat or engage in what he wants or do you just keep quiet and not chat etc?
Zoe

Offline wilow

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 19:24:15 pm »
Hi. I cannot really do any earlier then 7-7.30 I feed and bath baby around 6.30pm. Usually its only me because my partner is working late. When DS1 is awake I need to go to him and put lights on and talk to him, take him toilet or give him drink. He does not use toilet during the day really but he wants to use toilet during the night 3 or 4 times.
He is so tired that he cannot even stand properly. During the day he is so miserable throwing tantrums about everything, I cannot stand this I am so tired try to mind him and baby without sleep. I know that I am not alone but I don't know if I can manage for long.
Nothing is helping talking to him ignore him nothing. I dont have much patience as well.

Offline wilow

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 19:31:13 pm »
This night just begins and he went to sleep at 7pm awake 7.20 go toilet, go back to sleep, awake 8pm go to toilet, go back to sleep ??!! How many times he is going to be awake? Last night was terrible, put to sleep 7.30pm didnt sleep til 8.30pm, between 8.30 and 12 noon awake 4 times! eventually collapsed I think at 12.30 am and sleep till 7am. Crying all day and fell asleep for 30 min in the car around 2pm. When I waked him up crying like somebody stabbing him....Is this going to stop some day? I need some help.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 06:02:42 am »
Oh sweetie it's tough I know, hang in there.
Have you decided if it's time to start PT yet? Could be he's recognising the feeling to pee now. Is it worth letting him have a longer nap to catch up so you can not have to rush him to bed?
I've got to run to work now but will be back later x
Zoe

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 08:25:56 am »
Regardless of whether he can use the loo at that age my DD was allowed to use the toilet before bed then she wore a nappy and that was that. I would make a rule that he is just not going to the toilet once he is in bed.  If he wakes I'd just resettle in his room. He seems to be using it as a tactic to get out of bed as he shouldn't need to go every hour anyways.

He sounds OT with all those early NWs. How does he go to sleep when you first put him to bed?  Csn he get to sleep himself?

Hugs xx

Offline wilow

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 10:02:00 am »
I do tell him that he has to use toilet before going to bed and then is sleeping time but if I don't go to toilet he would be crying like a hell. So every time when he is awake he needs to go wee he actually makes it. I try to train him during the day but he doesn't want to use toilet sometimes its hard to change nappy even because he is so busy playing.
He is going to play school 3 times a week. He is finishing at 1.30 I think is too late for nap. Sometimes he fell a sleep in the car for 20 min and BT is a problem then. In the evening usually he is falling asleep by his own. Before when he was awake at night he didn't call me just talk for few minutes and fell back to sleep. It's only last 7 months. He never was good sleeper but never crying during the night like this, well maybe when he was 9 months, but after sleep train he was sleeping pretty good, waking up every so often but without panic attack.

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 10:10:36 am »
Does he have his 2nd year molars yet? DYT he could be in any pain?

I agree with PP - I wouldn't keep taking him to the toilet.  It would probably be tough the first night or so when you start the new rule of not going to the toilet during the night (tell him about it during the day, and remind him again before BT) but if you stay with him and stick with it, I think it would help and he'd accept it.  Like PPs said, I think he really shouldn't need to pee that often.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:13:17 am by cath~ »
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline wilow

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 18:39:00 pm »
He has all teeth he got them at second birthday he had teeth very early. I do make a rule but he is just screaming I try to keep him quiet because of DS2, he probably knows that. I try PT during the day but it is going slow. I have no ideas to be honest.