Author Topic: early morning wake up??!!  (Read 1591 times)

Offline duoduo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 17, 2015, 17:04:53 pm »
Well, taking care of kid is never an easy thing, here comes the new issue. My 2 years and  9 months girl goes to school Tue ~ Fri, and she sleeps on school bus on the way back home for about 20 mins, then skips noon nap (noon nap is usually 1.5h ~ 2hs). So I put her on bed earlier than usual which is 8:00 ~ 8:30, the consequence is earlier wake up, and it is getting way toooo early now, 5:10 ~ 5:30am!!!

My question is , should I push her bed time to 9:00 or even later, or early wake up is just temporary? I should stick to 8:00 ~ 8:30 bed time?
Thx.

Offline duoduo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 23:29:11 pm »
Updates on the whole story:

First couple school days: she skips 2 hours nap as she slept on the school bus, and she was happy for the rest of the day, one early wake up @5:30, rest of them were fine, which is 6:15am

After that

Day 2: I thought she would skip the nap again, but she felt asleep @5:30pm, and woke up crankily after almost 2 hours

Day 3: I put her to bed for noon nap and stay with her until she falls asleep@ 2:10pm, nap time was 1.5~ 2hs, night bed time was 9:30ish, but early morning wake up , around 5:15am

Day 4: almost the same as day 3

Don’t know what I should do, if let her skip the nap, she might need nap at late afternoon, which messes up the routine, ‘force’ her to have the nap, most likely continue with an early morning wake up.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Thx.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: early morning wake up??!!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 06:40:11 am »
Hi there taking care of kids is just confusing at the best of times  ::)

Have you thought about bringing BT earlier when no nap? It could be the EW are from being OT?
Zoe

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: early morning wake up??!!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 09:06:46 am »
Hi, if she is approaching 3 years old she could be ready to drop that nap soon. I would cut out 2 hour naps, especially at 5.30pm TBH as they are going to throw things out of whack. If she is happy with basically 20 min cat naps on some days I would let have have a longer nap on other days (although might want to push that back if that is taking her 2hours to fall asleep).

HTH