Author Topic: E routine for 8 month old  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
E routine for 8 month old
« on: September 22, 2015, 15:14:43 pm »
Hi,
my will be 8 months in 3 days. He is on 2 naps since he was 5,5 months. I was wondering about his routine. He was EBF till 6 months. Now he is FF during the day and BF at night (but it's only 1 feed and I noticed today that he is not that interested in it anymore. My milk dried out I think it's around 2 oz, he started eating more during the day because of that).
My formula box says 3x7oz a day. Before he ate less than that but now It has changes because of dropping night feeds.
My questions are:
1. When does LO start to drink milk 3 times a day instead of 4?
2. Do you think I should drop a feed?
6:30 WU
7:00 milk 5 oz
8:20 fruit
9:30-11:30 S
12:00 5 oz milk
1:30 dinner
2:30-4 S
4:2- 5oz of milk
5:30 baby rice with fruit or juice and 2 oz of formula
7:00 Up to 8 oz of milk
7:30 Asleep
Do I want to change it?
3. Is it time to drop night feeding? How do you know?

Thanks

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: E routine for 8 month old
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 20:26:45 pm »
Ok, to answer your questions ;)

1 - Most formula fed babies move to 3 bottles around 10 months, the usual pattern is a wake up bottle, a bottle after lunch just before the afternoon nap and a bedtime bottle. You then drop to 2 bottles/ drinks of milk around 12 months.

2 - No, I don't think you should drop a milk feed! The bottle routine looks fine to me, he needs about 24oz of milk a day to gt his needs met and on your current routine he's about getting this.

3 - You could think about dropping the nightfeed around now. We weaned my DD off the NF about 8 months once she was taking a decent amount of milk and solids in the day. We reduced the feed by 1oz every 3 nights and when it got down to an oz or so we just offered a sip of water. After the third night of only being offered water she stopped waking.

HTH!

Laura

Offline Bella89

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 08:26:13 am »
Thank you Laura!!!
You cleared so much for me:)

So, everything looks good, but I weight my DS today and went from extatic that he eats decent amounts to plain sad and worried:(

So he was born Jan 25th, weights 7,85 kg (17,3 lbs) and is around 74 cm (29 inches). When I looked at growth charts I was shocked!! He is below 10 percentile :( Do I consult this with my ped? :(

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:09:15 am »
Which charts are you looking at? Are they for breast fed babies as that's what he was for a long time. Also what centile was he on when he was born?

Don't forget toot hat there are always going to be children on the 1st centile and the 99th centile (and every centile inbetween!) - doesn't mean there is something wrong if they aren't on the 50th!

Laura

Offline Bella89

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 11:32:44 am »
You know what, I used one of those growth calculators, where you put weight and lenght of a baby. But now, when I found this:
http://cdn5.kellymom.com/images/growth/growthcharts.gif
And CDC one, he looks pretty good. Around 40th percentile which is very good actually:) he is a happy baby, meets milestones, very energetic:)
Uff, that was a scare. What an internet can do to a person:)
Thank you again for your help:)