Author Topic: 1.25 hour nap meaning  (Read 1075 times)

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 23, 2015, 15:55:07 pm »
Hi everyone! Since LO started daycare he gets a 40 to 1 hour maximum nap in the morning and he's not able to sleep past 1.25 hour in the afternoon while the other babies have 2 hours.

What does a 1.25 hour long nap mean? Is he overtired or under tired? He's not waking from a noise as he does the same at home. It's way better than his previous 40-45 min naps but I excepted them to be 2 sleep cycles (1.5 hour total..)

I know that babies around 8 months gets more awake time but 3 hours after a 40 min nap seems to be the maximum he can have as he's so fussy and cranky and wants to sleep

6:30 WU
9:00 nap 40min-1hour
13:00 nap 1.25 hour
18:30 BT as he is exhausted by then

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Re: 1.25 hour nap meaning
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 01:53:25 am »
What does a 1.25 hour long nap mean? Is he overtired or under tired?
I drove myself nuts trying to figure out what this nap length meant. I never really did figure it out :-\ How is he waking? Crying or happy?

Overall, your routine doesn't look to bad - 14 hours sleep is pretty decent. How are his nights? Any wakings or cry-outs shortly after BT?
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 11:53:23 am »
Sometimes crying, then I know he haven't got the rest he needed, sometimes happy... I think I'll follow your tip and forget about trying to know what nap length means...

Oh recently nights have been a nightmare! He wake up exactly 3 hours after bedtime, screaming and crying. Sometimes he cries for a full blown blast and goes back to sleep, but sometimes it goes like this all night long every 3 hours. Yesterday the NW went for 2.5 hours long wanting only mommy. It's not teething, not hungry, diaper, illness, etc. :-\ any of the usual methods arent working. I don't know if it's ;
a) lack of day sleep (sometimes a total of 1.75 hour only)
b) daycare (started last week 3 mornings/week)
c) sleep regression

Offline lily_layne

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 17:02:23 pm »
I would say it's likely a combination of a and b. Those NWs do sound OT. Are you feeding for any of the NWs? Would you be able to get him in bed by 6 (or earlier) just so he can catch up a bit?
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 18:33:02 pm »
Yes I feed if he cries too much (more than 15-20 min) but sometimes he even refuse to bottle or drink only 1-2 oz to calm down. I was going to try earlier BT soon. And he also started crawling and I read that it can aff ct night sleep too. I hope it's just a phase.

Offline lily_layne

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 01:36:29 am »
I think it's likely just a perfect storm of learning to crawl, sleep needs shifting and starting daycare. I would just use EBT as needed to get through it (assuming he tacks on). My DD had a really tough go sleep-wise when she started daycare - there were no nap days and days she only slept 30 minutes! Some nights I had her in bed by 5:30. She did wake a bit earlier than usual 6/6:30 instead of 7 but it did prevent NWs and BT shenanigans from OT so it was worth it for me.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014