Author Topic: Dream feed seems to have confused matters!  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Emmajayne

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Dream feed seems to have confused matters!
« on: September 23, 2015, 18:31:21 pm »
Hello everyone

My LO is 5 months old and i recently introduced a DF in the hopes he would drop his one night feed.

Before the DF we were on 5 bottles with 4-hour EASY. Now I have introduced the DF we have moved to 6 bottles a day but the night feed has slipped back from 1am until about 4am. However, I have noticed that he is taking less during his other daytime feeds. He used to sink 200ml but now it's about 160-180ml (sometimes less). I am presuming this is because I have introduced an extra feed?

Hope someone can help, I am quite confused with what to do for the best?! I am trying to move to having no night feeds but at the moment this does not seem possible even with a DF.

Thanks

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Dream feed seems to have confused matters!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 20:31:14 pm »
Have you tried resettling at the 4m feed or do you just feed first?

If you don't think the DF is making any difference then you could always stop for a few days and see what happens. However, 5 months is still young to be going from a DF to morning, it's very normal to still be having a DF and a NF. Most babies don't drop the night feeds until they are established on solids really, some will sleep through by themselves before that but more don't.

Laura

Offline Emmajayne

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Dream feed seems to have confused matters!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 07:58:09 am »
Thanks Laura.
I think I will keep trying for a week and see what happens. When he wakes at 4 he is hungry, I can't settle him and have tried. I just feel all I have done is really add a feed but I guess he is sleeping slightly longer!