Author Topic: 10 month old and hourly night wakenings!!!  (Read 1295 times)

Offline ClaireWizz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10 month old and hourly night wakenings!!!
« on: September 24, 2015, 13:34:35 pm »
Hi, I'm really hoping someone can point me in the right direction with this one, as currently feel to have a head full of mush and my eyes are on stalks!  :'(
For the last 3 nights my 10 month old has woken hourly since being put down to bed. Bedtime routine is very structured and she's always in bed by 6:30 and goes down well, but within 2 hours of going down she's crying. It's been a mixture of situations when she does cry, as she will either be sat up crying in her cot, is actually still asleep yet crying? Or will let out a few crying yelps and then stops. I've not changed her routine recently, and the only change as such that I can think of is that I'm having to incorporate a morning pre-school run now, which isn't always ideal, but I can't help it. Our routine at the mo is;

6:30am wake up
7-7:30 milk
8:30 -9 solids
10:30 nap (have to wake at 11:30 to pick us DS1)
12 solids
3 nap (will let her sleep as long as poss given short AM nap, but can be tricky to get down at this nap)
4:30 solids
6 bath
6:30 milk and bed

At the mo she's currently sleeping as took a cheeky early nap in the car at 9am but only for 30 mins, so put her down at 1:30 for PM nap, hoping it'll be a good one! She's in top form during the day, happy, playful, eats well etc, it's just bedtimes.....
I'm confused to know what's going on, be it separation anxiety, teething, developmental, prop association (as settles once dummy is put back in, but only for an hour)
She has 4 teeth at the mo, with no sign of more coming through, but has had runny nose, sore bum, ear rubbing, therefore if appropriate have been giving Ibruorofen, teething granules/gel as needed, but this in turn hasn't  alterd/improved the hourly NWs  ???

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I feel at my wits end xx

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: 10 month old and hourly night wakenings!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 21:30:31 pm »
Hmmm, this is a tough one.  My gut says it's teething, given the ear rubbing/sore bum etc.  I wonder if she's getting ready for 2-1 transition early? but my gut says it's teething.
DS1 went through a similar phase around the same age, doing what we named his Blast Cry.  He'd cry out for 10 secs and then fall completely silent. The times I did go in to check on him, he was either still asleep or wanted to go back to bed as soon as I gave him a hug.  We quickly learned to listen for 1 minute before going in.  Do you go in, or are you just pooped because her cries wake you and then you can't fall back asleep?

Offline ClaireWizz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 20:13:08 pm »
Most of the time I'll wait a minute or so before going in, as she can quite often just stop, but other times she's full on crying, and because we also have a 3 yr old, I find that when she does this I have to go straight in to stop it escalating and waking the whole house. Last night she actually slept much better, still had NWs but nothing in comparison to the last 4 days! I'm hopeful it is teeth as take comfort in knowing it will pass and hopefully we'll get back on track soon! Strange how each child is different! Our DS sailed through teething no bother, DD on the other hand really is suffering with each individual tooth!! Poor thing!  :'(

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 02:35:32 am »
Ah yes, the desperate attempt to ensure only one child wakes, not two!  I get that  :D  Fingers crossed it's only teething!