Author Topic: I don't know if LO is ready to go from 3-2 - HELP!  (Read 799 times)

Offline Pil4r

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I don't know if LO is ready to go from 3-2 - HELP!
« on: September 24, 2015, 17:32:24 pm »
My LO is six and a half months. She was a good napper until about 3.5 months, and then short naps usually. I'Yesterday, our routine was messed up because all her naps were short, but it made me question if she's ready to move from 3-2.

Recently she has been waking up between 6-6:30, but for the longest time she was waking up at 5-5:30 am. But I wanted to show my EASY from yesterday, and see if you think I should be moving her naps.

E: Woke up at 6am and feed her at 6:15 (trying to extend her morning wake ups)
A: This A time is usually shorter than the others 2.15
S: 8:15 (that morning, she only slept 40 minutes, but it is usually longer)

E: 10:15
A: 2.5
S:12:40 - This nap is consistently 30 minutes give or take a few...

E:2:15
A: I took her for a walk, and by 2:40 she was sleeping. She slept for 30 minutes and I wasn't sure what to do; do I count this as her catnap or not.
CN: In the end, I did count it as her CN (we did more low key activities as I knew she was getting tired).

E: 6:15
Started bedtime routine right after, but just extending it a bit until I put her down at around 6:45 pm. (Now, this is why I think she may be ready....she was awake from 3:10pm and sleeping completely by 7p.m.

I thought for sure she would be over tired because of the early CN, or perhaps wake up before the DF, but she didn't.

DF: 11pm

Today, she woke up at 6:30 pm - probably the latest ever.

Not sure what to make of this... HELP? She is ready to move to 3-2, could her A times be extended (although she seems so tired at 2.5)?

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: I don't know if LO is ready to go from 3-2 - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 21:11:54 pm »
Hi,
Yes, I think she is ready. We went through the same stage. And I think it's completely normal.
Try not to focus on cutting the naps to 2, but rather extending the A times and it will come naturally.
I know it is really dif in the morning. My DS was sooo tired first A time, but I increased it by 15min every 5-6 days and we got to 3-3.30 now when he is 8 months. I learned that he sleeps best when first A time is the longest. That helped with EW and naps.

When naps are getting shorter and EW come to play it's time to transition.
Let me know if you need any help. And remember, even if you complete transition there may always be days when you add that extra nap to help with a bad day.