Author Topic: Should I give 6 Month Old 3 solids feeds per day?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline JDHApril2015

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Working Mom
Should I give 6 Month Old 3 solids feeds per day?
« on: September 25, 2015, 14:54:42 pm »
My son has been eating 4 8oz bottles during the day and then two night feeds usually 6 oz each time for a total of about 36 oz per day.  We started him on solids this week and he LOVES them.  He is still eating his 8 oz bottle in the evening about a half hour after his solid feed.  He seems to be ready for more calories.  And we would like to try and get him to one night per night.  Your advice is appreciated.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Should I give 6 Month Old 3 solids feeds per day?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 19:25:58 pm »
Mine was a very petite boy but took to solids in a big way too.
It's generally recommended to move towards 3 meals at around 8 months but if he is particularly interested it's ok to offer 2 or 3 times per day now. He clearly takes plenty of milk, just watch that it doesn't drop right off with the introduction of more solids, yk, milk is still his primary food.
If he's 6 months and sitting well you might want to introduce some finger foods too.

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Re: Should I give 6 Month Old 3 solids feeds per day?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 01:57:07 am »
Both of my LOs took to solids easily as well. It was only a week or 2 before they were on 2 meals a day. I would just follow your LOs lead and keep an eye on milk intake. Some babies are just chow hounds!
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014