Author Topic: Cat Naps messing up nap schedule??!  (Read 668 times)

Offline eogan0622

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 28, 2015, 17:22:41 pm »
Hi!

My DD is 5 months old- and my question is a quick one!  We are trying to get back into a good EASY routine but I had a question-

Right now, her A time is about 2 hours 15 minutes.  However, if, during her awake time we go out in the car- she sometimes falls asleep on the way back before even the 2 hours mark (usually around 1 hr 45 mins).  She usually only snoozes for about 10 minutes maximum, but my question is, do I then adjust the nap schedule and push it back about 10 minutes?  For instance, today:

S: 840-1030 --> so I was planning on putting her down for nap at 12:45 but in the car, she fell asleep from 12:02-12:10

Should I keep original nap time plan and put her down at 12:45?  Or keep her up until 12:55?

Thanks!

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Cat Naps messing up nap schedule??!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 03:20:21 am »
If this happens for us, I tend to hold to the nap time, I just try to make the next 30-45 minutes busy and interesting.  I'm not suggesting you start a dance party but action songs or just exploring some stacking cups or something should help ensure your LO is still ready for a nap.  As long as it's a brief shut eye, it shouldn't really matter.