Author Topic: Getting my newborn to nap  (Read 5547 times)

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2015, 11:05:33 am »
Ok, we Have been doing that this week!
I seem to have cracked the first nap, he has it in his pushchair even if it's the weekend and we aren't going on the school run I put him in the pushchair. He goes in at 8.20am as that's the time we would be leaving. I don't even need to move it, just cover it with a blanket and he self settles and sleeps for 2 hours at least with no resettling needed etc. I am so happy we have  achieved this but now need to try and emulate it for the other naps which isn't happening at the moment.
Gemma

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
Re: Getting my newborn to nap
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2015, 02:03:53 am »
One good nap for a spirited bub (and self settling) at that age is cause for celebration :D The rest will come. Lots of tiny LOs have one good nap and a few short naps at that age.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2015, 07:29:03 am »
Great! Thanks x
Gemma

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2015, 13:27:03 pm »
Sorry I have been MIA. Being back to work has really left me with little time to pop online. :(

In any case, it sounds like you are doing great! Definitely heading in the right direction and also sounding like getting that one good nap is helping things be less stressful overall.

Any word on the reflux? I probably missed it having been off for so long.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2015, 20:10:02 pm »
Hi, thanks for checking on me! Naps have been going great actually. Today I had to wake him from every nap after either 1.5 or 2 hours! The only downside is that all naps are in the pushchair.  He self settles in it most of the time without it even moving, just parked in the dining room. So not ideal that he doesn't sleep in his room but a lot less stressful, I can usually put him down and just walk away!
The only slight issue we have now is not a nap issue, but he wakes at about 5am and is mega restless and awake on and off until 7am. So I don't get any sleep during that time.
Gemma

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2015, 20:31:29 pm »
Is he sleeping the rest of the night?????

I save had the 5 am restless monster a few times as well. Try wake to sleep. Wake him slightly around 4am but not enough to fully wake him and see if that helps him sleep past the 5am wake up. If it works, continue for a few nights to change the sleep cycle pattern around that time.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2015, 21:13:12 pm »
He sleeps Ok the rest of the night, he wakes for one or two feeds and usually goes straight back to sleep. He is very noisy all night though! Then at about 5 the noises turn into cries and major shuffling around, straining noises etc.
OK I'll try the w2s tonight, thanks.
Gemma

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2015, 01:22:06 am »
w2s is a good suggestion. DS was also restless from 5-7am. I ended up using the swing a lot during that time.

That's great he's doing good naps. I wouldn't worry about him being in the push chair. When you're both ready, it will be easy enough to transition him to his crib.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014