Author Topic: 6month crying at 4 am for 2 hours  (Read 957 times)

Offline Lucy-Lou89

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:37:03 am »
Hello my LO is 6 and a half months. He has always been a bad sleeper and woke every hour and a half At 5 months I did easy and Pu/pd and it worked a treat and he would wake only twice a night at around 10:30 and 2am and both times I wld BF and place him in the cot dozy and he wld finish falling asleep on his own and if need be if do a little pu/pd.

The last three weeks have been hard on me. A close family member passed away and my partner has left. My LO has also has a cold and I think he is teething so I have been doing a lot more rocking and also feeding at night because he refuses so much food in the day.
His day now looks like this:
7am Wake and breast feed
8am solids
9 am nap
10:30 wake
11 bottle feed
12 solids
1pm nap ( this nap is ver hit and miss as I have always struggled with his afternoon naps
3 bottle feed
4 cat nap
5 breast feed
6 solids
7 bath and final breast feed
He then has a DF at 10:30
But I have also been feeding at other NW as he was ill and I couldn't face a battle where I was grieving.
It is the 4am -6 am NW that is killing me. I'm on my own and I'm finding it hard to remain patient and calm, but I don't know if I can completely push the routine because of the teeth.
I know me giving in and feeding after a period of crying is not helpful but I really don't know what the best thing is to do.
Someone please point me in the right direction!!

Offline ecwinters

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 19:10:38 pm »
Hi
I'm sure more experienced people will be along soon to help you out.  But in the meantime, just sending hugs as this sounds hard for you.  It sounds like you are doing a great job!  My DS is just over 6 months and has never been a fantastic sleeper either.  We are also battling NWs!  Looking at your EASY I would say the first A time could be longer - I'm only saying this as I'm also trying to push out the first A time.  This is supposed to help EWs and I think it does because my DS is now often waking up around 6am instead of 5am.  Having said that, there's other things that can make them wake up early in the morning.  How long is your catnap?  With DS, the last A time seems key to avoiding lots of NWs from overtiredness.