Author Topic: 24m new sleep issues  (Read 1627 times)

Offline larren

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
24m new sleep issues
« on: September 29, 2015, 21:58:41 pm »
DD will be 2yo in a few days and has been having sleep issues for a few weeks now and are progressively getting worse.

EAS current:
WU: 630
S: 130pm-315pm
S: 830pm

EAS before issues:
WU: 700am
S: 130pm-315pm
S: 730pm-7am

I *think* the problem is the length of her nap, it needs to be capped but I wanted to verify before I take any action. She typically spends about an hour lying in bed just babbling to herself before she falls asleep, which leads me to believe she's UT for BT.  She wakes up at 630 (or earlier) babbling until 7am. She's been falling apart before nap so I figure she's not getting enough night sleep. I also wanted to rule out that she is going through some kind of growth spurt I need to just wait out.

TIA!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 24m new sleep issues
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:59:31 pm »
There usually are growth spurts around birthday and half birthdays in our house! I notice the nap comes after 7 hours A time, is that because an earlier nap would be refused? It makes for a fairly short A after so def seems like bedtime is UT. I would want to move the nap a bit earlier to allow more A time after and possible cap it a bit if you think it is needed.
Heidi

Offline larren

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 02:26:05 am »
She should only be at 6hrs A time but since she's been by the clock for about a year, when she WU early, I stick to her "schedule". Could you remind me how long are restorative naps at this age? I read something about it on here but I forgot...Want to make sure to cap her nap just enough :)

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 13:30:22 pm »
I think it really depends on the child what is restorative. My youngest DD doesn't nap anymore, but we had all variations of nap length up to that point from 1.5 hrs, 45 min, 30 min etc. Also some kids just are not happy being woken no matter the nap length!  For you I would suggest maybe pulling the nap ahead a bit (say 12:30) and capping maybe 15 min to start and see how that goes. Also then bedtime could be earlier as well.
Heidi