Author Topic: So confused…feeding routine for 11 mo  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Babybean15

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 02, 2015, 00:59:59 am »
My soon to be 11 mo old used to have what felt like a good routine for eating but its recently occurred to me we need to work towards dropping bottles and practice with a sippy. He hates (hates) all 5 sippys I bought and just spits out the formula or water. He has also started to cry with meals unless he is able to play with toys and even then he sometimes is still upset. I am wondering if I should back off solids for a day or two and let us regroup?

I am looking to just get some advice on what we're doing. Why am I so confused??

7AM - breakfast. yogurt and fruit. try to give water in sippy or shot glass. no luck.
9AM - 8 oz bottle.
noon - 4 oz bottle
1PM - lunch. homemade meat/veggie patty and fruit.
3PM - 8 oz bottle
6PM - dinner. meat, veg, grain. this is the meal that gets the ugliest. he just screams for things in the kitchen. if i get him what he wants he MIGHT eat.
8PM - 8 oz bottle

OK as I type this it occurs to me he may just be stuffed bc this is a lot of eating. He is also teething. What should I be doing instead? seems like the noon bottle could clearly go. how can i help him enjoy the sippy? are people using sippys for 8 oz of milk? ugh why don't i know what i am doing.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: So confused…feeding routine for 11 mo
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 01:24:26 am »
Tbh I wouldn't worry much about a sippy vs bottle so long as he is finishing them off and not carting them around for awhile - the worry with that is the teeth yk? My DD3 is 25 months and still has a very bottle-like cup for her morning and bedtime milk lol. He probably is pretty full with the milk I imagine as that 4 oz come before lunch and 8 oz not far off from supper so I would probably want to look at those two daytime feeds. Not sure where you are in the world but here I think the recs are 16 oz of milk once they are one and more to complement solid food rather than being the basis of the diet.

Just out of curiousity what brands of sippy cups have you tried so far?  Each of my kids had a different favourite of course lol so we have tried pretty much all of them too.
Heidi

Offline Babybean15

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: So confused…feeding routine for 11 mo
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 13:38:45 pm »
Thanks for responding! We've tried so many sippy cups but the fav so far seems to be Think Baby…its essentially a bottle with a removable handle and a very bottle-like spout. Next fav is the Nuk.

Oddly enough he has dropped his AM feed from a solid 8-10 oz to more like 3-4.

Thanks for the advice!