Author Topic: 4 Hour routine  (Read 1552 times)

Offline LevAndDina

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 04, 2015, 13:38:06 pm »
I,
We started to put our baby girl on a 4 hour E.A.S.Y routine, she is 20 weeks old.
Regarding the E- She east every four hours, each feed last about 10 minutes (formula+ pumped breast milk). She rarely finishes her bottle, which means she is full. Regarding the A - She usualy stays up and active  for 1.25-1.5 hours max, then she starts to yawn and rub her eyes. we can see she is tired. That leaves approximately 2.5 hours for S. The first few days of E.A.S.Y she napped about 1.5 hours which seems like enough for her. So the routine is less than 4 hours. Should we prolong the A to close the gap, or should she play after she wakes up (which means it is a E.A.S.Y.A routine) or something else?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 13:55:07 pm by Martini~ »

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Re: 4 Hour routine
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 17:02:57 pm »
1.5 hours is a good restorative nap so I would stick with the 1.25-1.5h A time. A 3.5 hour cycle is normal at this age too but if she's not ready to eat right away you can certainly do AEAS - I did with both of mine. Remember that EASY is a routine, not a schedule so it will be a bit different for all LOs.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline LevAndDina

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 18:44:19 pm »
Thanks!  :)