Author Topic: 5.5 month old - nw  (Read 1612 times)

Offline jubbs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 06, 2015, 01:29:40 am »
Hi moms

Need some help. My 5.5 month old used to sleep soo much better. She would have one night wake - at around 4. Would sleep and go to bed. She has really bad reflux. The 3 weeks or so she's been up 3-4 times. I know it's not a lot but it's been very draining with the wKe ups from my older 2.

Should I not be feeding her at these nw? She usually has broken out of her swaddle by then. She isn't just playing. She's crying and wants me there.

E 8
S 1030
E 1230
S 230
E 5/530
S 730/8
NW - 1145(sometimes), 145, 3, 6 [roughly these times. Not the same each night. It's not havitual]

Thanks for your help moms

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: 5.5 month old - nw
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 20:05:25 pm »
Is she BF or FF?
If you feed her at night, how much does she eat?
Has she reached any milestones lately? Crawling, rolling over?

Offline jubbs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 20:15:37 pm »
She's exclusively BF. She feeds from one side. Takes a lot. Almost a full feed.

She's been rolling both ways (3/4 weeks now) and she's starting to inch forward (last week)

Offline Bella89

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 14:06:44 pm »
She seems like a very active baby for her age :)
So children tend to eat more at night when start to move more. The simply need more calories. Did you consider it a sign for introducing solids?
I did, we started solids (very small portions though at 5,5). My DS was ready. I found myself feeding every 3-4 hours, but that settled 2 weeks after I introduced solids. 4 feeds turn into 1 middle of the night in 2 months.
During the day she is taking full feeds right?

Offline jubbs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 14:49:57 pm »
I did kinda start solids. But then she got sick after 2 days. So I stopped. And I need to now. But her reflux is soo insanely bad during the day I'm worried about starting solids and causing more issues. She's a tiny baby. Not on the charts. Only 11 lbs at 5 month. Maybe I'll start the solids this week and see if that helps

Yes during the day proper full feeds

Offline Bella89

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 15:53:49 pm »
Oh hun, hugs :(
She seems to be needing more calories for sure:/ What did you start with?
I don't have any experience on reflux, sorry. Maybe you could consult your doctor about it?

Offline Baby_A_Mama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 17:29:46 pm »
I'm by no means an expert as you can see by my post on this page - tons of night wakings with my little one at almost the same age! I just read your post and sympathize but also sounded similar to my older one, she struggled with tons of tummy issues, including reflux. At 5.5months we started solids and all her night wakings disappeared. She was 10th percentile (so tiny, but not like yours, that's itty bitty!). Once the introduction of solids, the reflux started to get under control and she started to climb the charts, up to the 85th where she still sits now (2.5yrs - she's solid!). She was exclusively breast fed as well until the intro of solids.   

Offline jubbs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 18:22:29 pm »
I think your right. She needs the calories. I'll start with the solids. Baby_a_mama what did you start with with the reflux? Brown nice? Banana? Avocado? Thanks for all your help

Offline Baby_A_Mama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 18:33:05 pm »
We took a bit more of the 'baby led weaning' approach, but had to modify it a bit due to a suspected milk/soy allergy.  Avocado was definitely a big part of her early introduction to solids. We did banana too, but that can be a constipator (sp?) and shortly after intro of solids, she got very constipated (9 days of no poop!) so we backed off banana. Avocado is a good fatty food that helps keep things moving too.  We did some oatmeal, but truthfully I don't think we ever really did the rice/rice cereals.

Offline jubbs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 19:53:13 pm »
I feel I can't do the baBy led weaning yet cause she isn't sitting. And isn't very coordinated. My boys were more so. I think it's cause she's so small. But I'll try