Author Topic: 11 week old up too long at night  (Read 1129 times)

Offline albers30

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: October 12, 2015, 18:41:40 pm »
My 11 week old recently started having a marathon wake time at night following her feeding.  She was waking at 3 and 530 isn for feedings but generally she'd eat and go right back to sleep.  Worst case scenario I'd put her in bed with me and she'd go right to sleep and sleep til morning.  This past week she's started waking for the 3 am feeding and not wanting to go back to sleep for 2-3 hours.  We just went through a growth spurt and I thought maybe it was that and would settle back down when everything else did but everything else is back to normal and she's still getting staying up for 2-3 hours at the 3 am feed and then sleeping thru the 5 am feed which is really messing with her eating demands and my supply.  Any advice on why she's doing this and how to get her back on track?

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Re: 11 week old up too long at night
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 02:31:35 am »
Can you post your routine? it could be that you need to do some tweaking.

My DS often had long NWs and they did eventually go away without much doing on my part. It is normal for LOs to change the times they eat at night so I wouldn't worry about her sleeping through the 5 am feed. She may be ready to drop to 1 NF which is a good thing.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline born2scrap

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 14:59:55 pm »
My LO does this too, she's 8 wks old.  Up until a week ago we weren't doing the DF bc i couldn't get her to take it but i've been tweaking her early evening feeds and she's taking some now, not alot but it's a start.  Before we started the DF  she'd go to bed about 730/8 and sleep till about 2/3am but still awake for an hour or two at that time.  If I just left her lay quietly on her bedroom floor, lights dim, no stimulation she'd go right back to sleep after her hour but if i tried to fight with her to go back to sleep it would be a 2-3 hour fight and she'd get overtired and miserable....Once I started the DF i did one night of wake-to-sleep and she slept till 430 but again was still awake for 2 hours.  On day two we hit a growth spurt and that's where we're at, I'm hoping only another day or two and we should be able to start working on our schedule again.