Author Topic: Really short naps? Any suggestions for childminder?  (Read 1534 times)

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Really short naps? Any suggestions for childminder?
« on: October 13, 2015, 04:42:18 am »
Hi ladies, my lo is in daycare 2 days a week and we seem to be in a pattern of 35 minute naps.  I have changed to a homebased carer and my lo now has her own room and her own portacot.  I have written out my schedule for the child minder and she is going down great (which is a HUGE improvement as at the previous daycare we were getting about 10 minutes and a couple of nnd) multiple attempts to resettle are not working, she is super sensitive to any noise (cracking joints) and her eyes pop open.  The pram doesn't seem to work either.

Non daycare days she sleeps pretty consistently 2 hours and we recently had a holiday away and she was sleeping in a portacot and did similar length naps.

The child minder is aware that sleep and eating were the main reasons for us changing provider so really wants to help my lo improve her sleeping.  The eating is also a HUGE improvement and my lo temperament in the evenings is so different, she is just so much happier.

Just after ideas or experiences on what has worked for others.

TIA

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Really short naps? Any suggestions for childminder?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 05:17:56 am »
How old is your lo? If she is sensitive to noise, what about using white noise at the childminder? What does her routine look like on a home day vs a daycare day? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a clear picture of what is going on.
Heidi

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 05:46:32 am »
Thanks for such a quick reply!

My LO is 17 months old today.  Her sensitivity just seems to be with attempts to resettle her.  The child minder today said that her eyes were rolling and then closed, but as she turned to walk out her knee cracked and her eyes popped open  :P

My child minder is fantastic and is following my home routine pretty much to the letter, on a Monday there is only 1 other child and on Tuesday there are 2 other lo.....

WU 6-7am
Snack 9:30ish
Lunch 11
Nap 11:30 (max 2 hours)
Snack 2:30ish
Dinner 5
BF, Bed, Asleep 6:30

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 03:36:11 am »
Is she able to set up some kind of white noise so that those noises are less noticeable? Do you use white noise at home? Mine always is disturb by her squeaky door! So we have a white noise machine and also her humidifier is noisy.
Heidi

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 23:33:59 pm »
I haven't used white noise as such since she was about 9 months.  But I do use a dehumidifier in my hallway when she is at home as we have a house being built next door and I try and mask some of the powertool noise.

Will have a chat with the childminder and see what she thinks about using something.