Author Topic: 9 mo NW and EW getting worse  (Read 1234 times)

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 15, 2015, 11:27:59 am »
The NWs has been going on and off for almost a month and a half now. It started with what we think is a huge mess of daycare, sitting by himself, crawling, a cold and 4 teeth cutting trough. Maybe mixed with a bit of separation anxiety I'm not sure...  :o Anyway I was ok with that thinking it was just a phase that shall past.  ;)

But now he's almost 9 mo and still has 1-3 NWs AND recently started EW around 5-5:30 since two weeks. Sometimes he will fuss/cry or babble happily to himself and go back to sleep after 20-40 min and other times he will stay awake for an hour before crying, so I wake him up. he goes to daycare in the morning and has a fixed schedule that we follow at home too because afternoon nap has to be at 13:00;

6:30-7:00 WU
9:15 to 10:00 nap (we cut this one short so he get a full afternoon nap)
13:00 to 14:30 nap (I let him sleep as long as he want)
18:30-18:45 BT

NW are all over the map. Yesterday was at 19:45 (had to go in to calm him), 21:45 and 2:30, with an EW 5:30 not going back to sleep. This is where I'm so confused about the schedule. What should I do when he's awake since 5:30 but the wake up is only 6:30?

He goes to sleep all by himself with a lovey and his thumb and is usually asleep in less than 5 min. I try to avoid to go to him at NW and EW as he comes fully awake when he see me. When he's crying and having a hard time to settle I go in and hold him quietly until he calms down.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!! I don't know what to do

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 14:01:19 pm »
Anyone  ???

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 00:34:49 am »
 :'( I need advice please...

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 9 mo NW and EW getting worse
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 18:48:14 pm »
Oh my days hun, I'm so sorry you were missed, please accept our apologies  :-[

How's it going now?

I'm wondering if we need to move that nap out a little more hun? It would mean capping it at the same time so you keep your 1pm nap. I was thinking starting with a 9.30-10am nap capped and see if that helps with the EW?

I think you've got room to stretch the day a little, many pull 13hr days. However as you're bound by that 1pm nap I think if we reduce the length of the first nap, hopefully that'll lengthen the second and you might allow for a later BT in time. But that's only if the second nap lengthen a bit as we obviously don't want too lomg of an A to BT.

If the wu is early tbh as you've got a fixed routine with your daycare I would keep the nap at the same time. It'll be his way of self regulating his A time. It's a set nap kind of way forward that really helped me during the 2-1 as it took the guessing game out of the A times. Wdyt? Worth a go?

Dyt there might be a little bit of separation anxiety happening atm too? This is a prime age for it xx
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 18:50:55 pm by Kellyjs »

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 11:58:54 am »
Thank you thank you thank you for the answer! I came here every morning and evening in hope of it lol

Finally I think it had to do with pull to stand and cruising. Because since he's handling it pretty well, It's been the 3rd night now with no NW and went back to sleep after EW.

And yes He also started to have separation anxiety in the day when leaving him to daycare, going to the bathroom etc. ::)  but at BT everything goes well for now.
If it's start again we will try to limit morning nap.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 9 mo NW and EW getting worse
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 13:14:52 pm »
I'm so sorry hun, for the life of me I don't know why you were missed. If it ever happens again, feel free to pm me and tell me to get my finger out   ;) :-*

Developmental stuff can play havoc with sleep, I'm so glad it's gotten better for you, do pop back if you need to xx