Author Topic: What did your 18 month sleep regression look like?  (Read 3993 times)

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Re: What did your 18 month sleep regression look like?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 20:55:53 pm »
Sorry to hear about the long night! What a relief she is a joy during the day, considering! I know how you feel about it never ending... but having a taste of the good nights gave me the energy to keep believing. Haha. I hope you have more of the good nights (consecutive) to be well rested again. I know that makes a difference in how you can manage and handle the rough ones.

Thanks, Cath, for the encouragements... much needed! And good to know you came out on the other end shining! We had another rough night as well. Up about 5 times. Bedtime and naptime shenanigans. *sigh*

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 18:39:30 pm »
Hey Cath thanks for the support!  The last 2 nights have been much better  :) Monday night was only 2 very short nw and last night was 1 at 10pm and back to being easy to resettle.  The ew are back but don't think this will change until I can get a later bedtime.

We tried pushing her bedtime later about a month ago but got lots of ot blips early on in the evening.  We do ebt on Monday an Tuesday as her nap is usually 30 mins or less at the childminders.  Tonight as she is home with me I will aim for 6:30 an see what we get.  Am pretty sure we are over the worst of her tooth pain and the long nw are more developmental as she doesn't ask for pamol or gel anymore.

I also haven't had a 2 hour nap for a few weeks now (I think).  We are only getting between 75-95 minutes which usually means she is up around 1pm.  Not sure which A time to tweak at the mo as she is so tired come 11:30 we have had a few close calls with her nodding off in the highchair at lunch  :) same with evening tbh.  Hubby does her story and has gotten really good at spotting when she is starting to lose it.  I breastfeed before sleep and have to work hard most nights to keep her awake for a good feed.

Think I'm getting better at getting on top of her ot quicker so it doesn't impact later into the week but with the last 6 weeks or so am feeling pretty wrecked myself that the thought of tackling a tweak fills me with dread!!

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 18:42:05 pm »
Oh Ginger sucks what you are going through but makes me feel so much better to know I am not alone  :)  We have had 2 good nights!  Long may they last.  Need to put some effort into getting my sleep back on track too!  I'm still feeding before bed at night so reluctant to take any sleep remedies, do you take anything?

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 09:28:41 am »
How are things going? x
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 18:31:28 pm »
Little improvements Cath.  Still a couple of nw, but very easy to settle, usually with teething gel and meds if time.  The ew are really kicking my butt though  :-[

Hubby an I decided other than Sunday morning no more bringing her into our bed.  Its been 4 days and I haven't seen any change.  This morning was 4:30 I gave gel and pamol and despite 4 or 5 resettles and wiping her nose it was 5:50 before she went back to sleep and woke at 6:40.  I know her overall sleep needs are changing but I really don't think 10.5 is enough.  Especially when on a good day I am only getting 90 minutes day nap.

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 13:26:18 pm »
I really don't think 10.5 is enough.  Especially when on a good day I am only getting 90 minutes day nap.

It depends on her sleep needs.  Both of mine are on the low side.  If DD2 naps 1hr30 then no way would she sleep more than 10hrs at night now.  (So I keep her nap shorter so she'll still do a reasonable night).  However, you're right, for (most) others they do need more!  I've just always found with mine that too long a day nap and they gave (really) short nights.  Better to have a shorter nap and then get a much more reasonable night length.

What have her sleep needs been like in the past?

If it's not sleep-needs related then my guess would be teething.  That always gave EWs with DD2.  Just had to wait it out...

((hugs)) thouhgh, it's tough
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old