Author Topic: TV and a two month old  (Read 997 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
TV and a two month old
« on: October 19, 2015, 18:58:34 pm »
At the end of the day, I usually plop down on the sofa and watch a show or two. I have my two month old with me as she seems to want to catnap/ marathon nurse all evening long until 11pm/midnight.
I wonder if perhaps having the TV going could be perpetuating her wakefulness in the evenings?
The other night I did try putting her to bed at a reasonable hour. But, besides a 30min catnap, she would not stay asleep and wanted boobie! Argh. I ended up spending the rest of my evening in the bedroom trying to get her to sleep and when she did, it was 11pm!  >:(

Trying to find ways to get her to sleep in the evenings...  :-[

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: TV and a two month old
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 19:21:12 pm »
My DD2 would get overstimulated just from the reflection off the tv onto a furnace pipe in the basement ceiling nevermind looking at the tv itself! What does her routine look like otherwise though? Perhaps a tweak somehwere else might help those evenings run smoother.
Heidi

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 21:11:46 pm »
Right now her only routine in the evening is to wake up around 6pm and then nurse all evening long while I unwind. When I go to bed, she will then nurse until she falls asleep. Usually around 11pm. I guess I should just give up my down time and get her to go to sleep. It's just so hard to do after a long day and after her 20 month brother is finally down.

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 02:51:49 am »
Could you read a book instead?  That would likely be just as relaxing and not stimulating to your LO.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 03:48:59 am »
I guess it depends whether you are wanting to put in a bit of work now or just go with the marathon and wait until you are ready to tackle it. Does she sleep on you the whole time? Perhaps a small starting point could be a bassinet or playpen by you while you watch your shows to put her down in so as to eventually move it when you are ready.
Heidi