Author Topic: Sleep while traveling  (Read 1486 times)

Offline my_tribe

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 21, 2015, 05:48:34 am »
Hi everyone!
I could really use some advise! We are in New York this week for a wedding. We live in Hawaii so that's a 6 hour time difference ahead. Since our trip is quite short I'm not sure what to do about my LO's routine. She will be 14 months this week and down to one nap usually from 12:30pm-3pm. She wakes up between 7-7:30 and goes to bed by 7:30pm. Tonight's our first night here she slept from 7-midnight and has now been up for a few hours. Do you have any suggestions for sleep during our trip? Any advise would be greatly appreciated! 

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Sleep while traveling
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 04:19:05 am »
I have never had to do this with any of my kids so I have no experience, just bumping in the hopes that someone else might! How did the rest of the night go?
Heidi

Offline my_tribe

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 05:23:40 am »
Thank you :(
It's been super rough. She's been waking up around 12 or 1 am every night and Staying awake until 3-4am. We been waking up super late in the morning too like around 9:30-10:30am cause we are so tired and I'm sure that's not helping the situation.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 06:18:26 am »
I would try to do whatever you can to survive if you ask me. We say that usually kids need one day to adjust an hour of time difference if you push them by couple of time zones. It means that we your LO will adapt you will have to go back to Hawaii. And the process will start again:). So I wouldn't worry, let some sleep in or whatever - just survive:). And when you are home - try to jump into your old routine as quickly as possible: wake LO on the morning, cap the nap when it's 3pm etc.
~Marta