Author Topic: 10 mo EWs / EASY help  (Read 1382 times)

Offline lepetitmatin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 16, 2015, 19:44:03 pm »
Hi everyone - my daughter is 10 months old, and for the past couple weeks her morning wakings have been creeping earlier and earlier. She was pretty reliable waking between 630 am and 7, though slowly she has now gotten to the point where she wakes at 5:45 and doesn't really go back to sleep. Which is not great b/c I know she's still tired, as her bedtime is 8pm. (We've tried earlier and it doesn't seem to help). She often does make some noise starting around 4/430am, and stirs, but seems to fall asleep again until she wakes and can't put herself back down around 545/6. I know this is the age when sleep gets a little wonky b/c of the beginning of the 2-1 transition, but am wondering if anyone can offer help on how to move along a little more smoothly. She sleeps through the night consistently now. She is eating solids, though lately has been eating less and less solids, and more and more milk (now easily takes 4 6-oz bottles every day; I'll be posting about this on the solids forum as well as I'm concerned about it), so I actually wonder if her EW's are out of hunger... Anyway, here is our EASY. Any thoughts or advice? Of note, she is constantly teething - just got her fifth tooth yesterday...looks like 3 more or soon on the way

wake - currently around 545/6am, but on a rare great day, 645.
bottle - 630/645
breakfast - 745/8
nap - 10-11:15
bottle - 11:!5
lunch - 12:30
nap - 3/315-415-430
bottle - 430
dinner - 545
bottle - 745
bed - 8

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 21:31:52 pm »
Oh Honey - this first nap seems to be a bit early. You should consider either pushing it later or cutting it. Average awake time for this age is definitely around 4h so with a long first nap is quite normal your LO tends to wake around 5:45.
~Marta

Offline lepetitmatin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 21:46:26 pm »
Her first nap is long? How short should it be?

We can get her to 10:15, but 10:30 or later and it's meltdown... something to work on I guess

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 21:53:37 pm »
It's not long :) but if you have a nap so early it has to be short so not to steal from night sleep. Does it make sense?

Of course it would be difficult to push but I would do it slowly and still end nap at 11:00/11:15. So push to 10:15 and wake at 11:00. You may need to bring second nap a tad earlier but this is also fine as you could do BT slightly earlier and with coming weeks her last A time will also need to be longer and longer.

Can you consider a routine with a 45min first nap and around 1:30 second nap?
~Marta