Author Topic: Difficulties with naps and PUPD  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Difficulties with naps and PUPD
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 17:44:17 pm »
She's nearing 10mo now isn't she?

Tbh BF isn't my forte at all, it might be worth popping over to the BF board if you feel like you might get better advice there?

What I do know is that if she's falling asleep instantly while feeding, it could well be a prop rather than actually hunger iykwim? The second one where she's chatty actually might be a routine issue wrt the A time during the day.

I definitely think feeding 4 times might be a little excessive now if she's back to feeling well in herself. You could try using ssh/pat or back to your usual pu/pd for that first NW and see how it goes?

If we look at trying to reduce the NF's for now maybe one at a time wdyt? So try to resettle for the first one, then be prepared to feed say anytime after 12am for the next one. Every other time she's up, use your sleepy phrase and resettle. It might take a day or two for her to get used to it, but she will especially as you're trying to do that with naps now. I'm going to post a link for you about gradual withdrawal wrt to BT. You're just about there with it, but it helps to have a plan! (Just ignore the bit in the link about wi/wo) xx

Toddlers: Walk In/Walk Out vs. The Gradual Withdrawal Method (HOW TO CHOOSE)

Offline Elisanah

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 12:58:46 pm »
Thanks for your help, yes she is 10.5 months now. I definitely feel it's more of a prop and comfort so I think I'll try to wean her off after Christmas ( can't quite face a Christmas where we're already exhausted!!).

Thanks for the link, we were making good steps towards the door but then we just stopped! We'll take it up again - although I'm really pleased with her progress with managing to settle herself - I do feel like we're getting there on that front.

Thanks for all your help :)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Difficulties with naps and PUPD
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 18:04:40 pm »
My pleasure. That's a good plan, let's revisit after Xmas shall we? Pop back when you're ready. Have a great time xx