Author Topic: 10 month 3-5am party  (Read 1813 times)

Offline MommyMoulton

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
10 month 3-5am party
« on: September 21, 2015, 13:08:29 pm »
My DD2 has been a great sleeper until teeth. Been an independent sleeper since birth with a dummy and convertible woombie. Lately over the last two months since vacation she has been giving us nighttime trouble. Initially we blamed it on teeth and began giving meds, it helped very little. She now has 3 teeth and no more signs of teeth. We still continue to have NWs between 3 and 5 am. And if there is no NW then we have EWs at 6am.

Typically at her NWs she wakes happy and plays cooing or even playing with and making sounds with her dummy. Eventually she gets bored and cries. That's when we tend to her, generally we will tuck her arms back in her woombie re plug dummy. It used to work but not anymore. So we tried meds again thinking teeth. No help. Now it's to the point that she will not sleep until 1.5 hours have passed and she is held to sleep. I have thought a few times that she is hungry but have never fed her at her NWs.

Here is her EASY:

7 am 6-7oz
8 am breakfast
1030/1045 am nap (usually 45-1hr, sometimes she wakes at 30min and won't resettle)
1130 up from nap
12 lunch
130 pm 6-7oz
230/245 nap
4 pm up from nap
530 supper
630 bath
7 pm 6-7oz
730 bedtime

She is put into her convertible woombie with arms in and typically gets her arms out and plays for a few min before going to sleep.

Any suggestions
MM
Melissa

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 10 month 3-5am party
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 18:44:43 pm »
Hi Melissa, so sorry you were missed  :-[

How's it going now hun? Typically I'd expect those NW's to be UT so you might need to be further down the 2-1 than you think? That being said, she's not getting loads of day sleep is she? Do you find the NW's worse when she's had more day sleep at all? Xx

Offline MommyMoulton

• Kiss Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 14:49:04 pm »
I tried stretching her a time a bit more. So 45min am nap and 1.5 hr afternoon nap. She doesn't seem tired during her nighttime oarties. More like she's playing. Perhaps I'll cap that morning nap even more and see if it helps. It just with long nws she is so grouchy in the morning.
Melissa

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 18:57:15 pm »
It's hard isn't it? We had the same thing and DD used to get fed up and start howling so I presumed OT  ::). It did get better hun.

Perhaps try a 30mims nap first thing and keep the second nap where it is? Xx

Offline MommyMoulton

• Kiss Anyone?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 04:41:15 am »
Her morning nap is capped at 35min. 2nd nap is 1.5 with a 3.5 A time before bed. Implemented more snacks thru the day to ensure hunger isn't the issue. Yet we still have NWs from 1-4am. Most of the time she just cries out or fusses for 10-15min then is quiet for 30-45. Repeating this cycle regardless of what we do to help her go back to sleep soundly. Her sleep positions are all over the place from sideways to tummy to back to side. It too makes no difference in her NWs

Any other suggestions??
Melissa

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 06:21:02 am »
Have you checked for teething hun? Xx

Offline MommyMoulton

• Kiss Anyone?
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 01:51:21 am »
The NWs are the same regardless of meds or not. I don't believe she is teething.
Melissa

Offline songbird

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 22:42:08 pm »
Following as I have the exact same problem! No asvice but just wanted to let you know you're not alone.  My routine is also very similar to yours.

Fwiw, my oldest (now 3yo) also did this regularly ...One thing that worked was i found that she would stay awake longer if I went in and stayed.  I just played some music over the monitor and to my surprise she just lied herself back down and went straight back to sleep. I can't do this now for LO2 because we have to share a room with him,  but just putting it out there for you to consider.
[/url

Offline Marielle

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 14:55:35 pm »
I am in the exact same situation! Help, people! Our EASY is quite similar, and there are NW all over the placem, especially between 2 and 5, most nights one long NW from 30 min to 1hour30... I am going INSANE. LO (11 monhts) used to fall asleep within minutes until some weeks ago, now needs a lot longer, he seems to have trouble to wind down. In the night he keeps waking up, and sometimes I have to pick him up and rock.  He has just started to walk, but the bad sleeping habits have been there for MONTHS.
Also he seems kind of addicted to the teething cream that I gave him when he was teething.  :o Sometimes he won't stop complaining until he gets it. And that way he gets is several times per night. PROP???!!!
I was wondering whether walk in/walk out could be an approach? Has anybody tried in this particular situation?