Author Topic: Perfect day time routine for 5month old but NW getting worse - please help me!!!  (Read 4398 times)

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Do you feed at 5? When DS was that age, I gave him about 15-20 minutes to resettle if he was chatting. If he didn't, I fed him and gave him time to go back to sleep. He usually ended up being awake for an hour or so and then I would wake him about 15/30 later than his usual wu.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline kattyrose86

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Ok so the last couple of nights she has woken at 1.30am!!!!!!!! i have tried to re settle for 30 mins but gave in and fed, she then went to 7am!

To be honest the weekend has gone to pot with naps etc as we have been busy seeing family and friends. We went to a party on saturday night, she slept in the pram and we walked home at 9.30pm so her proper bed time was much later!!! I am hoping the 1.30 am wake up calls are because she was out of sync a bit.

Im not too worried about the day time naps as I know that if we are at home she naps brilliantly and most of the time i am having to wake her up!!! its just the early wake ups as it shifts the whole day out. So when she does wake at 5am I try to resettle and sometimes she will go back down until 6ish when we get up, the issue I have is that her first nap is much earlier in the day so I then have to do 3 naps to get to 6.30 bath time!

I am hoping that this recent wake up at 7am after a 1.30am feed will regulate her body clock to know that 7 is WU time? will see what tonight brings.

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
Good luck tonight and keep us posted. Sometimes going out and having a rubbish day wrt sleep does help reset everything! Xx

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
I agree that an off day can be a good reset. Try not to worry too much about the NWs. It is normal for them to come and go. Honestly, I pretty much fed at all NWs for both LOs (if the paci didn't work easily) and it didn't become a prop for either of them. DD began STTN regularly at 7 months and DS at 10 (likely could have been a month or 2 sooner if I had bothered to try resettling). When he does wake (about once every 2 weeks), I still just feed him.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014