Author Topic: 19m not napping, EBT and now NW 1-1,5 h!!  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Luciagerard

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
19m not napping, EBT and now NW 1-1,5 h!!
« on: October 25, 2015, 10:00:19 am »
Hello
I posted another topic of my 19month son refusing to nap at daycare.
This has been week 3 with no naps at all, only at home in weekend ( between 1-3pm)
Yesterday he refused nap at home too, after 1,5 hour in his bed playing I gave up and tried Apop going out with the stroller, but he had no intention of sleeping, so I gave up and did Ebt.
I have been doing  EBT for the past 3 weeks, and will sleep nearly always 12h, with some Short NW but settles quickly.
But the past 3 nights has been waking around 3am for 1 to 1,5 hours!!
He just lies there in his bed but wants me to stay there with him.

Are these NW because of the EBT??or OT?  His day with no Nap is around 11h

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
Re: 19m not napping, EBT and now NW 1-1,5 h!!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 09:49:26 am »
Yeah, it sounds like perhaps all the NNDs are catching up with him and the NWs could be due to OT.  Does he sleep in a bit longer after the NWs or do you get your usual WU time?

I'd try doing a 10.5hr day if you can't get a nap and see if that helps. 

What time are you trying for a nap?  Have you tried trying later to see if he's more ready for one then?
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Luciagerard

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:48:15 pm »
He still wakes up around the same time between 7-7:30
The problem is he is at daycare from monday to friday, and they put them all  to nap at 1 pm. he starts refusing and getting up,  so finally they give up and take him out of the room because he wont let the others sleep. Naptime is between 1-3pm . They just give him quite time with a book.
Yesterday at home he refused nap also, was screaming all the time and wouldnt lie down,  he never dis that before, if he wasnt ready he would play with his lovey until he fell asleep.
He finally fell asleep at 1:20pm ( would be 2:20pm before time changing, with a wu 7:15 and after NW of 1,5h ) wu 2:30 crying and cranky
In bed 7:45 pm fell asleep at 8:35

Tonight was terrible.
Nw 11  for 1 h  screaming, crying.. Asleep 12
Nw 2 for 1,5 h the same crying screaming, wanted to get his clothes on to go out! Asleep 3:30 am
Nw 4:45 for 1h crying, asleep 5:30 am
Wu 7:15 

I thought maybe it is teeth related?? He was very gasy at the 12 Nw.. He keeps making a strange thing with his mouth and touching his upper teeth with his lips closed..

Today I picked him up at daycare at 11:30, he had his lunch at 12 at home and finally was asleep at 12:50 , gave him ibuprofen just in case. He fell asleep really fast.
He was really tired

If he continues not napping at daycare I will go for a 10,5h day and see

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 14:24:44 pm »
Not sure if it's possible, but could daycare try putting him down say 30-45 mins later to see if that helps?  he might be more tired and/or might see the others all asleep and be more inclined to join in?

At home I'd try putting him down later too.  He might be fed up of having to wait so long in his cot before he nods off?

I wondered about teeth causing the NWs but as you said before he just lay there quietly I wasn't sure.  However, if he's now upset and waking more frequently it sounds like there could be some discomfort. Could also be why he was upset at nap time?  Have you tried any meds at the NWs?  Are you expecting any teeth? does he have his canines?  They can cause a lot of discomfort and upset sleep.

Yes, esp with the NWs I'd try for a shorter day and see if that helps too.

DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Luciagerard

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 12:25:36 pm »
Thanks for your advice

Yesterday he napped from 12:50 to 3 had to wake him, and at night he slept from 8:15 pm till 7:15 am this morning, no night wakes.

I suppose he has to get his canines now but still no signs...

Will see how he does today at daycare and deppending on that will do Ebt.