Author Topic: Doing something wrong?  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Florena49

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 08:23:45 am »
Honestly this kid is so chilled out, he confused the hell out of everyone. Im very slowly increasing his A time and trying to look out for his ques too. We are at 1.30A time and still 30 minute naps, he wakes makes a noise and just chilling out in his cot, today he stayed there for a good 20 minutes just looking around, im scratching my head ::) ???
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Doing something wrong?
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 03:16:58 am »
Any luck pushing the A more? That would be so confusing to have a chilled out baby - hard to read!
Heidi

Offline Florena49

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 22:09:21 pm »
We have been up to 2 hours, same effect, but very difficult to resettle afterwards. So im sticking to 1.30A for now, although he only sleeps for 30 mins i can then resettle him in ergo and he will sleep. Although he is becoming more and more alert and its not easy to settle him for naps, he rarely cried just lying and gazing around....
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline bossanovile

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 08:07:19 am »
I completely understand with the confusing cues and A times. They do seem to change each time (which I suppose isn't unfair given that each sleep quality may differ etc). My 13 week old daughter has some wake times at 1.2, others at 1.5 and occasionally 1.35-1.45. It genuinely is hard to tell if they're very sociable and have a great fear of missing out on play (my daughter literally lets out a whine the moment I walk down the hall way towards her room and gets an excitable second wind)

I'm also struggling with the 25min naps since 10 weeks and there are days I'm chained to the crib doing shh/pat (too stimulating). My only suggestion that seems to have worked to get her to 45 is what others have taught me on this forum (basically a heavy hand as she jolts through the first 20, and then at 35th minute - gentle pressure) but no matter what, she stretches and wakes at 45 even if I'm doing the sleep unicorn that is 'drowsy but awake'! Just wanted to empathise and I hope this is also somewhat of a biological phase!