Author Topic: How to get back to later wu after clock change?  (Read 1404 times)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
How to get back to later wu after clock change?
« on: October 26, 2015, 07:29:33 am »
DD is 2.5 and almost done with the 1-0. She never naps at home anymore but will still nod off in the car if I let her but I wake after 15 mins max as even this reduces night sleep by a good hour so not worth it.

We were doing a rough routine of BT 7 and wake at 6. She doesn't very often do more than 11hr nights.
Friday she nodded off in the car for 15 mins on the way to an appt so that night only ended up being 10hrs with a 5.30 wu sat.

No nap Saturday but we were busy and she didn't get to bed unit 7.30. Wu 4.30 sun at new time  :'(

No nap yesterday and was asleep at 5.45!

Wu 4.30 this morning... So pretty much 11hr night which is all I expect.

So how do I get back to a later BT keeping in mind that a cn now just gives us less sleep? Just set a BT and ride out OT until we get a later wu?
Lauren

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
Re: How to get back to later wu after clock change?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 09:45:32 am »
Just set a BT and ride out OT until we get a later wu?

that's one way and at this age it is perhaps more do-able than when they're younger.

With my DDs I moved things in (approx, I wasn't too strict about it) 20 min increments.  So for a couple of days I did all meals, naps (for DD2) and BT 20 mins later, then shifted another 20 mins, then another.

I didn't really wait for WU to move but just kept going and they seem to be adjusting ok now.

There are some other ideas here:
How to Adjust to Daylight Savings
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old