Author Topic: EW help 21 month old  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Pinkviolet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: October 27, 2015, 10:53:01 am »
We are having lots of EW at the moment. This has been going on for months but is getting earlier & earlier especially with the clock change recently.
This is the routine

4.30am wake ( used to be somewhere between 5-5.30 before the clock change) will not resettle, wakes happy & chatting
Nap 11-11.30 ( used to be anywhere between 11-12 usually nearer 12 before clock change) lasts anywhere from 1-2 hrs
Bedtime starts at 6.30 with bath/story/milk & aim to be asleep by 7-7.30. Usually asleep by 7.30.

I'm not sure what to do to improve things. He is probe to OT but usually before his nap. After his nap, even if its short he copes well thill bedtime. Is the nap too early, could this be the cause? Should I try really capping the nap? If so, to how much? I've also tried a later bt but it makes no difference to WU.
Would really appreciate some guidance :) thanks :)

Offline Alexhas1

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 12:22:37 pm »
I'm also listening as my son is a nightmare sleeper (well he just ends up on the bed in the middle of the night and has major separation anxiety but still don't know how to get through it) and is generally getting worse at going for naps now too. He's 21 months too.

I've scoured the boards and still don't know how to get him to so back down without me during the night. I've tried CIO (I know BWers don't agree with it) and it has worked on occasions but isn't working well now he's older.

When will they sleep solid for 12 hours 🙏🏻

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: EW help 21 month old
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 14:44:19 pm »
Pinkviolet, I'd be tempted to push that nap later...it's quite early and then you have a long time till BT.

4.30am WU with a 7.30 BT is a very long day even on a 2 hour nap, I'd be tempted to move nap 15 mins later for couple of days and bring BT earlier so you have a more balanced day, then move nap later again so your getting back to nearer 12.30!

Try nap 11.45/12 then BT 6pm for a couple of days to rule out OT, I'd not cap the nap less than 1.5 hours just yet as would think it's more likely days are too long, if you start capping now you will need really short day so BT will be really early.
Hope that makes sense...

Alexhas1 have you started your own thread so you can some specific to you help  :)
Zoe