Author Topic: Dropped a Nf and woke earlier this morning.  (Read 2045 times)

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Dropped a Nf and woke earlier this morning.
« on: October 27, 2015, 07:49:36 am »
Our night time and mornings have looked like this f or a few weeks now:
E between 11.30pm and 1am
E 4am
E and wu 7.30
S 8.30 in pushchair for schoolrun

Last night he only had 1 feed, Yay! But then woke earlier and  I didn't know what the best thing to do was. It looked like this :
E 3.15am
Wu 6.30am

I don't really want the day to start at 6.30. 7.30 was perfect as it meant he got his 1 hour A time before we put him in the pushchair for the school run. So should I have fed him at half 6 and tried to put him back down til half 7? Then would I feed again  even though it's only been an hour? Or do something entirely different?!

Also do I count the A time as normal for the half an hour he spent laying in his bed awake?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 08:04:08 am by choc »
Gemma

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Re: Dropped a Nf and woke earlier this morning.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 08:06:58 am »
Honey and how old is he:)?
~Marta

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 08:19:25 am »
Sorry! Completely forgot to say he is 6 weeks!
Gemma

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 09:14:59 am »
:) at 6 weeks there is a wonder week where they usually boost their A times and if you were making a nap at 8:30, he may start to wake before 7:30 as he needs more A. Usually at this age probably 1:15-1:30 A is an average.

Have you tried to put him back to sleep after this 6:30 feed? Sometimes they are happy to sleep for another 30-45min.
~Marta

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 09:38:19 am »
I didn't feed him today at 6.30 as he wasn't crying, he was just awake. Then I fed At 7am when he started getting agitated! If he wakes at 6.30 again tomorrow shall I feed him then and put back down? Do I feed again when he wakes even if it's only been an hour or so?

Funny you should say that about the A times. We had some Ok naps for a change yesterday and he averaged about 1hr30 A time and I thought they were huge and started to wonder if maybe he needed the high end of A times, I didn't Realise it could be normal for his age. He does usually like just an hour A for his first A though, but today with the earlier wu he got 1hr 30 so we will see!
Gemma

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 22:50:32 pm »
The first A is always the most diffucult and they are the most tired - don't ask me why:).

Re A time - yes, definitely try:)!
~Marta

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 23:24:56 pm »
When DS woke before 7, I always fed and tried to put him back down. He often did go back to sleep. It rarely worked with DD. You could just try and see what happens.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 07:18:19 am »
Well he woke at 5.30 but not crying so I managed to get him to drop back off til half 6 but decided not to feed him as he wouldn't have been finished til 7 so no point putting him back down then when we have to get up for half 7 due to school run. He wasn't crying, just awake, so I left him til 7 and fed then. Do I start his A time from 6.30 then? Even if he was just laying there?

We stuck with the 1hr30 A time yesterday and got 2 naps of 2 hours, and one of his usual 30min naps so I am happy so far with that!
Gemma

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 14:04:31 pm »
I have another question! We are on 2nd nap of the day and he is still sleeping at 1hr30, it's usually only 30mins! Granted they are all in pushchair carry cot but it is stationary not moving and he self settles in there. Anyway this has all been improving since he has been having 1hr20/30 Atimes and so they seem to be working.  I would just like to ask what the ideal easy is at this age with a 1hr 30 A time. Is it to have a 3 and a half hour easy with 1hr30 A and 2 hour nap,  or a 3 hour easy and wake from naps after 1hr 30 to keep to it? Hope that makes sense.  He is 6 weeks.

I feel a bit silly but I'm actually worrying about how all this sleep will affect his nights as he was having 30 min naps  before and his nights were still good. Having so much more sleep now wont ruin his nights will it?!
Gemma

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 14:15:02 pm »
:))) yes it may have impact but I would worry soon much. At 6 weeks we were having around 5.5h of daytime sleep and 11-11.5h nights. And go for 3h routine and wake from naps on 3h mark. It will help him to get more calories during day. It may means he has more shorter naps but it is fine at this age. Aiming for 2 longer ones and 2 shorters is really great.
~Marta

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 14:29:54 pm »
So the catnap would be one shorter nap, which other one would be short and how short is short!?
Today he had 2.5 hours this morning because I didn't know he would take a long one now, usually 30 mins! Now he has done 2 hours and I will wake him as he is still going.

Gemma

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 14:54:28 pm »
Forgot to say, do you think we'll get night waking then?
Gemma

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 14:58:30 pm »
At this age Honey it's difficult to say but really let him sleep as much as he wants in total just wake after 2h and feed.  Usually many children don't do a perfect 3h easy (3x1.5) and 45min but have 2x1.5-2 and 2x45-1h.
~Marta

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 15:07:01 pm »
Ok thanks for giving me an idea of what to aim for!
Gemma