Author Topic: Nap Questions  (Read 789 times)

Offline AdelaidesMom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 28, 2015, 18:09:29 pm »
3 questions

1.) My 4 month old...actually she'll be 5 months next week...where did the time go?!?! Anyway, she almost always wakes up 45-50 minutes into her nap and if I let her go she'll fall back to sleep after about 10 or 15 minutes and stay asleep for another 45 minutes to an hour. Is this ok should I let her fall back to sleep?

2.) What are optimal conditions for napping? I read somewhere that during daytime naps the room shouldn't be completely dark like it is at bedtime is this true?

3.) Is it possible for a baby to get too much sleep?

Thanks

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Nap Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 20:40:08 pm »
Hi,

To answer your questions:
1. Yes this is ok, but I'm presuming a bump in A time is on the cards considering she's not transitioning to the next sleep cycle straight away. It sound a close though
2. Hmm, difficult one and dependent of the temperament of the LO. Some need it completely dark like touchies and spiriteds, others can nap anywhere. My mum used to say, make sure it isn't too dark do they know it's day time! My grandmother used to say make as much noise as possible so they learn to sleep through noise! Don't know if any of that's true or not! We just have to go with what suits the LO.
3. Yes, too much day sleep can rob from the night sleep.

Would you like to post your routine if you want some help with it? It's much easier working on real life scenarios  ;). A log of the last couple of days will be great rather than what you're working towards xx

The BW "Know Your Baby Quiz"

Offline AdelaidesMom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 22:17:45 pm »
Thanks so much!

Here's our day yesterday and today

7:58am woke up

8:10am Eat

Activity

10:01am - 10:40 slept, woke up, talked to herself, fussed a little, fell back to sleep
11am - 12:49pm Sleep

1pm Eat

2pm-3:24 pm Sleep

4:05 pm Eat

5:44 - 6:29 Sleep - catnap

7pm Bath

7:30 Eat, Story time

7:55 Sleep/Bedtime

11:41 Dream feed

12:02am back to sleep until 8:14 am

8:34am Eat

10:01-12:03 Sleep  (again slept from 10-10:50 woke up talked to herself fell back to sleep until 12)

12:33 Eat

2pm went down for nap but pooped so she got fussy, changed her and put her back down

2:22pm - 3:44pm Sleep  (still woke up after about an hour but went back for the rest of the nap)

4:15pm Eat

5:58pm went down for cat nap, it's 6:15 now and she's still sleeping but will probably wake around 6:40 around 40/50 minutes after she went down

we'll do Eat at about 7:30 and Bedtime at about 8pm

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Nap Questions
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 08:23:59 am »
I notice your second A in 2hrs 10mins, and that yielded a great second nap, perhaps that might be an idea to increase the first one to that length? As I said before, when they do go back to sleep it's usually because the A time in close xx