Author Topic: 9 month old EW, NW, 2-1 and daytime savings time  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
9 month old EW, NW, 2-1 and daytime savings time
« on: October 29, 2015, 09:53:57 am »
Hi,
my 9 month old is giving me what he's got lately:( We were almost on track when the time changed.
He used to sleep from 8pm to 7am. He is not an independent sleeper (sometimes he knows how to fall asleep on his own). Now, after time change it's a disaster:/

He is constantly standing up when I try to put him down. When he does, I lay him back down over and over. Without putting up though.
His new thing is, when I try not to come, he would throw his teddy out of the crib, then his paci. And screams at me until I pick them up again.
He cannot sleep without a pacifier. And I seriously think of just throwing it out.

He sleeps around 2.5h a day. Sometimes I manage to put him down twice, but that happens less and less.
He wakes up 4:30 (his 5:30 before the time change) and is up until 6. Then falls asleep and WU 8am. That is throwing our whole day out:(

WU 7:00 I would assome that should be our normal WU
7:15 bottle
8:30 breakfast
11-12:30 or 1 S
1:00 bottle
2:30 dinner
4:30 half an hour nap or none
5:00 supper
7:00 bottle and BT
8:00 asleep
Mornings are the worst. During the night he can wake up 2 times, but in the morning I just can't put him down:(

I think I got lost... I am trying to hold on to 2 naps as long as I can, because he is only 9 months. He can go 4h A time without a blink.
I don't know how to put him down anymore.
I hold him in my arms on the chair with paci in for a while and put him in the crib half asleep. I do it for 2 weeks now and I think It came as AP because I didn't know what to do:(
How can I teach him how to fall asleep on his own? Do I lay him down everytime he stands up? I talk to him, pat his back but I don't think he understands the invitation to lay down yet.
Paci is another question, but I will start the topic in prop section.
I think my general question is, how can I go back to the times when I was putting him down, kiss and walk away :(? (I know it's not possible, but how can I make it better).

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 9 month old EW, NW, 2-1 and daytime savings time
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:43:13 am »
Do you want to keep this thread and I lock the other one we're working on hun? Could be a good idea to start afresh? Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 12:06:32 pm »
Great idea!!
I don't know what I'm doing anymore :)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 12:53:55 pm »
No worries hun, we can just start from the beginning this way can't we?  :)

I'll be back in a bit when I put DD down for her nap xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 18:38:28 pm »
Ok, I'm back sorry this afternoon has run away with me!

I've re read our old thread. I do think we're going have to go back to square one and nip this silly wu in the morning out.

I do still think part of this is developmental. It's typical kids stuff, 'if I do this, what will mummy do'. Actually quite a big leap in cause and effect.

That being said, we need to start again with the IS. As it's been a little while since he was an independent sleeper we could use gradual withdrawal? Or if you prefer a modified wi/wo and cut the holding in the chair out altogether, so completely switch things up. You know him best and what you think will be best for you both. I'll post a link about it in a bit.

I know you posted a routine below and that's what you're aiming for but the last few days haven't been like that have they?

I wonder if you keep him in bed as long as possible in the morning like you have been doing and pick a method you're comfortable with using be it wi/wo or sitting int  he chair beside his bed, not making eye contact and repeating your sleep phrase over and over until it's time to wake up. Then make a big song and dance about the actual wu time and happy to see him etc now it's morning. Then I would count 4hrs from there and aim to have the nap then. Cap at 1.5hrs then do another nap 3.5hrs later for your 30mins as per usual, then that should leave 3hrs A to BT like you posted below.

The routine will change over the coming weeks, we just need to sort out this EW first as I think that CN in the morning is upsetting things for you a bit. Then we'll look at pushing that first A once the WU's return to normal.

Above all, over the next couple of weeks you must be consistent. Don't back down, that shows mixed signals and is actually unfair on him too. This part is really important ok? Let him know you mean business. There will be crying, but you are there, just soothing him a little different than he's used to. And he will get used to it, it will get better, then it might regress after the 3rd day, then it will get much better again.

I'm up for it if you are? Virtually holding your hand through it all xx

Toddlers: Walk In/Walk Out vs. The Gradual Withdrawal Method (HOW TO CHOOSE)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 18:41:47 pm by Kellyjs »

Offline Bella89

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 19:15:40 pm »
Thank you so much for your help. I feel bad enough that someone with LO spends so much time on my problems:(

I read WI/WO post you send a link to and even did some ironing to think this through. This is what I need!!
He was an independent sleeper up until 2 months ago. Then all the changes came. I think It will work, because:
1. When he sees me he is crying on higher tones, more
2. He seems to be mantra crying and fussing when I'm not in the room, but when I come in wants to play or starts to cry
3. Naps and BT go better than NW and EW. We still have the cot in our bedroom with no chance of getting him out until March:/ When he wakes in the morning and sees us starts to call us and cry
I think NW and EW will be the worst.

I am ready! I did not hold him to sleep today, explained that I will not pick up things if he throws them, and I didn't. I did not pick him up if he wasn't histerical and did not lay him down. I just talked and left the rom when was calm. I think that was a small step for today and I did good:)

So what I am doing is, I am kneeing besides the crib and talk to him and pat the pillow, cover his stuffed donkey and say that the donkey needs to sleep to. When he is calm I leave the room. 2 times he fell asleep withut me in the room, once with me (looked at me and rolled over).

I thought throwing paci is the sign that I have to wean it. It made me angry at that small rubber thing. I tried to put him down for the nap without it the first time. He threw it out and I didn't pick it up. He fell asleep with some fussing when I left the room. I thought - that went well.
So for his second nap I did similar, but he didn't stop crying when I entered the room to settle him. It got worse. It got so bad he couldn't catch a breath for a while. That happened the first time in his life. I got scared. I settled him with paci when he was calm enough to take it. For his BT I gave him paci ( I started giving it to his hands instead of mouth for 3 days now) when he clearly needed it. I think I should hold on to pacifier until I sort other things out. That is too much for him and me.

Today:
4:30-6:00 he was cheerful, then was fussing, pooped, cried when I was changing a diaper, talked some more and fell asleep
8:00 WU and get dressed
8:30 Bottle
9:45 breakfast
12:15 nap until 1:30
1:45 bottle
A long walk in the stroller
3:20 dinner ate a lot
4:30 started to put him down 5:00 was asleep
5:00-5:30 second nap
5:30 tried to give him solids but refused, ate 7 oz of formula instead
7:00 tried solids, he refused, tried bottle and he refussed as well
7:00 BT routine
7:30 in the crib, I started calming him down kneeing beside the crib
8:00 he was asleep

His eating suffers too. I don't have enough time in the afternoon for both solids and formula:/Also, I think he ate too early for BT (5:30)
WDYT?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 20:03:46 pm »
Don't worry about me, that's what I'm here for  :)

Hun, this is amazing, go you! Absolutely perfect using your words too. I still say that to DD that her bunny needs to sleep, so be quiet  ;)

Ok, routine wise, this looks good but I think we have room to make your day a little longer. Classic transitions. It may be that he's just not capable of 12hrs ONS, hence the EW.

I wonder if we push that first A another 15mins and keep all the others the same? It might mean he'll sleep a tad longer, perhaps 1.5hrs and that would make your overall day 12.5hrs? Wdyt?

It does get a bit tricky trying to fit everything in doesn't it wrt feeds. Here's what I suggest, let me know if you think it's doable?

8:00 wu
8:30 bottle
9:30 breakfast
12:00/15 bottle (I know this is early but only very slightly. Do a little A in between feed and pd for...)
12:30-2:00 Nap 1
2:15 light lunch
4:00 bottle
4:45 dinner
5:30-6:00 Nap 2
8:00 BT routine followed by bottle
8:30 BT (asleep by)

Does that work ok? I'm not too sure how many bottles he's having atm? Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 16:34:10 pm »
Hi,
I would like for him to have 4 bottles, but I don't think he will have it. 3 meals+3 bottles is difficult enough for me to fit in. Especially that if the meals are too close to each other he would not even take a sip:/

This is our day so far
6:30 WU (later my DH told me that he was awake 5:30, but he woke me up 6:30)
7:15 bottle
9:00 breakfast
10:15 - 12:30 (I won't lie, I was so busy cleaning up and cooking that I forgot to wake him sooner:)
1:00 bottle
2:00 dinner
4:00 bottle -
5:15 asleep- still is

All this time I did WI/WO. In the morning it went super easy, 1WI. In the afternoon 3WIns and I had to help him lay down, he was a little OT I think:/
Also, Our main meal is dinner around 1.Lately, he would have around 20oz of formula. He enjoys meals much more. I know milk should be the main source of nutrition, but I don't think I can stop him, now that he likes t hold his own food:/

What do you think?
Days are so different lately, because of different WU:/

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 18:23:02 pm »
Keep with the milk hun, please or else he will start waking at night for more feeds as milk is much more calorie dense than solids. It is lovely when they enjoy it so much, but we must keep their intake up it's important. For at least 3mths then you can go crazy with the solids ok?

Did you cap that second nap hun? Yes, I would've probably pd a bit sooner for that second nap and tried for a slightly EBT today. We do have to be careful about too much day sleep now as well. No problem today about the first nap, I would've done the same  ;).

I would keep pushing that first A hun. We need to get it closer to 11am even with a 5.30am wu to help discourage this. Technically I think that first nap is still robbing him of night sleep and he's catching up during the day. However, this works for some families that want a late BT and early start so they can spend time with them before and after work etc. So it's totally up to you? He is getting a good amount of sleep in 24hrs atm with what you've done today.

Amazing news about the wi/wo, you must be so proud of yourself! I am, if that doesn't sound too condescending  :-[  :P xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 19:09:09 pm »
Ha ha not at all. This is what I need right now, you know:) Especially that I need to do this on my own. DH has so much work lately that I feel guilty about DS waking at night so much. I did prepare super comfy couch for DH to sleep tonight. He is so tired, poor thing.

Yes, I know. As much milk as I can. I skip solids If I have to to get him to drink his bottle.

So yes, I did cap 2nd nap 5:15-5:50. I have to say, he was confused first 45 min about getting up. I think I have to move that nap closer to 4, 4:30. At 5, when it's dark outside maybe he is expecting it to be BT?

You are right. I am sure that first nap is too long. He never slept that long, and he is yawning the whole morning, like he didn't slept enough and needs to make up for it.

Yeah, I need to work on it being closer to 11, he can then sleep till 12:30 and 2nd could be around 4:30. That would work. Wdyt?

Thank you so much,
Isabella

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 19:51:01 pm »
That sounds perfect in an ideal world! Only I know there's not much of that when they have their own agenda   ;). You're doing so great, it really is amazing how well he's settling again. Yep, I think I'd be confused about waking up in the dark too! Might be like that for a little while though when it gets darker in the evening and his late CN.

Fwiw I had a terrible time with DD about a year ago I think. DH was working loads and I felt completely on my own and down in the dumps. DD wasn't conforming to any routine, EW, NW's, generally being awful and I was in tears. If it wasn't for this place I'd have lost it I'm sure. Anyway, one day I thought, sod it! And went to go and see friends an hour away in the car. Think she'd only and one half hour nap all day, prepared myself for the worst that night. Got myself a big, fat glass of wine, got to bed early, felt more positive after seeing friends, and no bloody wu and a 7am lie in, I couldn't believe it! Went back to normal with the grumpiness the next day for her, but at least I was feeling better in myself. Sometimes, we just have to throw the rule book out the window and do something for ourselves  :) xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 15:07:36 pm »
Ha ha i think she got it and gave mommy a break :p

That's exactly what I think. I am trying to have a routine, but that's a great word for it. Routine not a schedule. I'm doing my best. I can honestly say that. But that's tday. Tomorrow I will probably feel like I don't read to him enough or that I don't engage him in more games that form his IQ level:p Oh yeah, I go crazy like that sometimes.But I quickly become resonable and love my baby for his flirty attitude and love for adventure:)

When I think about it, now that you said it, it is really not that bad for us. We do have NW (like today 1,5h long), but then he wakes at 5:30 and lays down calmly for an hour to let me sleep :)

Our first nap was 10:45 till 12:15. It's 4 pm and he is trying to settle. I hope It will go well :)

How is it right now with your DD?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 07:20:15 am »
This is brilliant, I'm so glad you're feeling more positive if nothing else  ;D.

First nap was great yay, hope the second nap was ok. You have got a routine, and it is flexible, that's the beauty of easy. Just concentrate on the things that are going well like the self settling. The second nap will get harder as we get further down the 2-1, but that first one is going great and so much better than before and less stressful for you too!

Argh and I totally feel your pain about the mumma guilt, I'm afraid that comes with having a child. Probably today I'll feel like I have fed DD well enough as we are at my parents and they spoil her  ;). Or that I haven't given her enough attention, or that I should let her have the time with her grandparents and keep out the way.... See, you're not the only one!!!!  ::) :P ;) xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 09:09:18 am »
The second nap was great, I gave him 1 hour since 1st nap was shorter than usual. He made it till 8 no problem, self-settled really fast. I felt like I hit that magic UT/OT window;] He slept through the night, until 5.30. He woke up 2 times but self settled and I didn't even had to come :) I am so happy!

At 6 he heard me go to the bathroom and that was the end of it. If he doesn't hear me, he would just lay by himself talking to his donkey. I think that gives him strenght for longer first A time. Today I had to put him down for his first nap at 9:45 :( I plan to give him until 11:30. Ha! Just when it starts to go smoothly he messes with me:)

Thank you so much for your support!

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 18:21:38 pm »
My pleasure hun, it's really good to hear you're feeling better, I can tell by your posts!  :) xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 13:14:06 pm »
Hi, that's me again;)

So there is really not much that has changed with us unfortunately :/

5 WU but plays in the cot until 6
6:00 get dressed
7:00 bottle
10-11:30 nap1
12:30 bottle
2 lunch
3:30 or 4-5 nap 2 1h long
5:30 dinner
7:30 bottle
8:00 asleep

I am still trying to push that first A time, but it's not really working. He is not OT but rather falls asleep wherever he is like on the playmat:)
I made a rule, no sleep before 10 am. It's 5h for him since 5am, but I hope maybe it will turn to 6 or 7 one day:/

He also wakes up at night 5-6 times. I have to put him down, words do nothing:( Do you think I should just teach him for a few nights?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 07:47:34 am »
Ok, if pushing that first A time isn't working, we could try plan b and make the pm nap the longer one. Wdyt? Is he back to taking that pm nap consistently now?

So what we could do is cap that first nap back to 45mins for now, but still pd at 10am. Keep the second nap at the slightly earlier time of 3.30pm amd hope for a longer nap there. I have a feeling we will need to cap the first nap further but it's a good starting point to see?

I would keep with what you're doing with the pd at night. As lomg as you're just putting him back down and not rocking him back to sleep or anything I doubt you'd cause an issue. I do think that is developmental and being consistent  telling him it's still night time and to go back to sleep will eventually work itself out xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 10:14:31 am »
Yes, he is now taking 2 good naps. But there is no rule, to be honest when it comes to afternoon nap. One time he would be sleepe at 3:30, yesterday fell asleep at 5:/ Morning nap is 1.5h (no need to wake him past 3 days) and afternoon nap (1-1,5h I almost always have to wake him up)

I think I found a source of NW, and I have to say, I feel ashamed. It was COLD:( My DH pointed out, that we like colder air at night, but we have each other and we use extra blanket. DS only had regular sheets. I combined 2 blankets for him and dressed him well. 1NW and slept 8:30-6:30. I learned from my mistake I think, sadly. Or maybe it was just coincidence, we will see...

So it's now 11.10 he is asleep. That's why I don't know what to do anymore. There will be days A and days B I think:/ To my son's choosing and mood:p

I think I will still try to push first A time for a week. I will see what will happen. I know there will be good and bad days. I will keep you posted:)

PS. How is it that yesterday was a diseaster and today I am so well rested and ready to work again. It's a rollercoster with them, isn't it?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 14:36:20 pm »
Always a roller coaster!! And we keep second guessing ourselves too..

Yay to the lack of NW's. These DH's have a use don't they  ;). Don't be ashamed at all hun, we're constantly told not to let them overheat, so it's really hard to know. I've just gone through this recently with choosing a new duvet for DD, I have no clue  ::).

Do keep me posted hun and I hope it continues to get better for you xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 12:13:03 pm »
Hi,
I wanted to update you and ask for your opinion. I don't know if we moved from our previous place, but there is no EW anymore and only 2 NW where there is definite improvement on getting him back down.
We still use paci, but he is less dependent on it I think. There are day naps when he falls asleep without it. At night, he needs it when NW.
We're in the process of erupting second upper one. Teething is much worse now, with upper teeth. His solids intake dropped and we rely almost completely on bottle:/ He would take few spoons and turn his head.I don't push him:/

This is our routine.
This is when his teething is worse. He is very sleepy then, so I let him sleep as long as he needs:
6:30 WU, potty, getting dressed
7:30 8oz bottle
9:00 solids
11-1 nap1
1:30 8oz bottle
2:30 dinner
4:30-6 nap 2
6 supper
7:30 bath
8:00 8oz bottle, BT prep
8:30 asleep

This is on better days:
6:30 WU, potty, getting dressed
7:30 8oz bottle
9:00 solids
11-12 nap1
1:00 8oz bottle
2:00 dinner
5:00-6:00 nap 2,
6 supper
7:30 bath
8:00 8oz bottle, BT prep
8:30 asleep

Thing I noticed is his 2 naps are getting closer together if he sleeps 1h nap1. Also, I always have to wake him up from nap2. He is always sleepy, cranky and it takes good 30min for him to get up. That pospones his supper so we do bottle and some solids as 1 meal at 7:30-8.

What are your thoughts?
When done with teeth I think I'd rather cap his first nap and go with earlier second nap. Pushing nap 1 is not really working:/

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 09:35:24 am »
Hi Isabella, Some bubbas totally go off solids when they're teething so don't worry about it. I remember the only thing DD would eat was roasted sweet potato! That worked up until she was 18mo and teething canines!!

We can totally try capping the first nap hun, it's all a case of trial and error with the silly 2-1. We will find what works. Unfortunately it's not a great idea to tweak whilst teething and hopefully you should get a break from that soon. I can pretty much predict he'll be on one nap before 1yo so hopefully you'll have a break before the 1yo molars erupt.

What is really interesting is that he'll go down for the night with the first routine you posted. That's such a short A but obviously what he's happy with. I think you're doing brilliantly hun. You're obviously catering to his needs and not being too regimented in your nap lengths. I would really just go with the flow for now then when he's over his bout of teething, we'll reassess ok? Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 10:17:23 am »
Thank you so much that you're with me  :D
Yes, teething is getting to us. He is so sleepy, especially that runny nose came into play last night. He woke up like 6 or 7 times obviously. Had to help him with frida 2 times:/Threw up this morning after breakfast. I seriously thing it's all teething. No fever and good mood beside that.
He was on 1 3h nap yesterday from 11-2 and BT at 7:30. He did it like a champ:)
I just go with the flow as you can see :)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 19:48:17 pm »
That 3hr nap sounds lovely! make the most of it while you can! And a reasonable BT too, bet that was nice for you  ;). Celebratory glass of wine was in order I'm sure  ;)

I know it's tough with the NW's but at least he is catching up with sleep, that's always a bonus. Some little bubbas get so OT during these teething episodes and that must be tough on them as well xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 10:52:14 am »
Hi, just wanted t update the situation.
So we are still on 2 naps most of the time, 1 is 2h and the other around 45 min. Nothing really changed that much.
I didn't have much time to work on better EASY as we're just coming out of our first cold and 4th tooth is coming out:/
To be honest I am just concerned with not causing any AP right now as DS is so fussy that I just can't deal sometimes. Runny nose is just horrible!
Nights are better if he is not in pain. He WU at 5 and goes back to sleep till 7 most days.
As soon as we're good I will start capping first nap to 1h maybe and keep the other early and longer.
How are you?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 16:13:03 pm »
I'm great hun thanks for asking. I would leave everything as is if it's going well! Sometimes they can hold this for a little while. I'd just watch out for that 2hr nap shortening or problems settling for BT. Pop back when you need to! Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 19:38:26 pm »
Oh that's me again:) I am proud to announce that or DS is officially on 1 nap for about a week! I surely hope it stays that way, as I noticed he sleeps better.No NW:)
We do have some trouble with eating because of teething and runny nose, but as long as he eats enough formula, I am not worried about dehydration.
I wanted to ask though, is EW a normal stage of the transition?
Before, he was going to bed 8-8.30. Aftr 2-1 our BT is 6.30-7.00. He wakes 5:30-6.15 now, in comparison to 7-8 before. The nap is 1.5-2.5h depending on a day.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2015, 15:55:53 pm »
Yay to the one nap!  ;D

EW could be a sign of OT. Do you notice a difference with the EW on the days the nap is shorter? Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2015, 15:32:32 pm »
That might be acurate. When he sleeps 2,5 h or naps in the stroller in the afternoon, he wakes 6:30. When the nap is shorter he wakes at 5:/
Do you think BT at 6is not to early then? Or, what do I have to loose anyways...
Maybe I should go back to short afternoon naps.Wdyt?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 19:55:28 pm »
perhaps move the nap 20mins or so later initially and see how long he naps for. It might even need to be pushed slightly later again in time. Hopefully that'll get you to a later BT in time.

What I'm thinking is if we can only expect 11hrs ONS we might need to try and push the whole day later. That being said, if the A time to BT is too long that could well be affecting him and causing the EW. That's why I think if we try moving the nap a little later we can get closer to a 2hr nap more often than not. Problem is if we continually aim for a 6pm BT, a 5am wu might become the norm, so we might have to consider moving the whole day like we do with daylight savings once the nap is in the right place for him.

If he does short nap, an odd 6pm BT will work as it'll give him the opportunity to catch up on missed sleep, but if the nap is long enough and just not in the right place the 5am wu would be expected. Do you see what I mean or am I waffling?  ;) xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2015, 12:08:12 pm »
Yes, basically a nap too late in the day he might confuse it with BT. I would expect it to happen, really. It was always difficult to shorten that nap. We would end up with a lot of crying.
This is how it is with him - 11 hours of NS. As soon as we moved BT from 8 to 7 he started waking early.
I know he can do 5h A time and that is his optimum. I will try to extend it to 5.5 so we would end up with: (ideally)
7WU
12:30-2.30 nap
8 BT right?

He woke up at 8 this morning and I put him down at 1. We had 2 sleepless hours of simply not wanting to sleep and crying middle of the night, I think he needs to catch up on sleep some more. I was sure we have at least 2 week break with teeth when his upper 1 broke through, but I don't know now. He eats only plain bread and milk for 4 days now, his runny nose got worse again today, and man, does he bites!! That's his new thing, bite me when I expect it the least:(

Thank you for everything! :)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 12:31:45 pm »
If he's teething I might try BT a little earlier for a few days wdyt? Maybe try for 7.30pm with the aim to push it put later if needs be. If he's getting OT with the NW's due to teething it will give him the opportunity to catch up for now? Want to give it a go and try?

And ouch to the biting, I hope he grows out of that soon  :) xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 21:40:13 pm »
I don't know for sure, but I feel like it's pain or itching that makes him bite mama:)

Yeah, I put him 7.30 today before I even read your post. WU 6.30, 11:30-1:30 nap. He was good to go at 11:30, he even forgot about pacifier:/ As for Bt I think we were 30min late and he was OT:/
We will see about tomorrow morning:)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 08:48:44 am »
Hope it went well, keep me posted. How did the nap go with it being pushed out a little more? Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 18:02:06 pm »
So yesterday he napped for 2h, today I put him down at 12 (WU 7am) and he had 2h nap as well.
I had to put him down today at 6:40:/ He fell asleep right away. We had a horrible night last night. He cried for 2h, then pooed and I had to change him and woke him even more. Then he woke at 4, 4:45, 5:45 and 7. I strongly believe it's teething, although DH feels like it's stomach - he fell asleep 20min after poo. Today he had some acidy (I assume by the smell) diarrhoea. I feel like every time we have 3-4 days of not sleeping and poo trouble- 2 weeks after bam we have a tooth. I have to even look for that posts of mine on the forum;]
I hope we will have a good night since I found that UT/OT window perfectly tonight:)

How is Christmas preparation going?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2015, 08:15:40 am »
This isn't too bad actually. I strongly suspect teething since I noticed your other thread he's not eating much else that could upset his tummy. Mine also would only eat one thing whist teething. For us it was roasted sweet potato! All I can suggest is medicate with ibuprofen as often as is allowed for a few days and ride it out. Elevating the mattress helps a little too, by putting a couple of towels under one end of the bed.

Christmas preparation is going well here, only one present left to buy! I'm on it this year! Helps we're not hosting all the family this year, so less to do. How's yours going? Is this your LO's first Xmas? Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 12:05:19 pm »
The worst thing is - he is not sleeping from 1 to 3.30 sometimes. That is 3 nights in a row now:/ I don't know why - or I know too well. Eghhhh

Yes, his first Christmas!! He loves Christmas tree, that I know already since he saw one at the mall. I smell trouble here :)
I still have to plan food - plus I have my DH birthday on Monday and I promised him cake. Still looking for some new recipe :)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2015, 16:46:01 pm »
I love baking cakes. Although if it's a birthday I use my grandmas secret recipe cake (as we've named it in our family) and that's a Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix! Works a treat everytime and is so quick and easy. I just hide the box and everyone thinks I'm amazing at chocolate cakes! What they don't know won't hurt them eh?! Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 09:18:08 am »
Ha ha ha we all have our secrets as moms, don't we:) I started to bake this morning, and it was quite an adventure I have to say. While I was doing it DS was trying to eat bottle screw cup, and didn't like it when it got stuck in his mouth! scratched himself across the face with God knows what and helped with a loundry by restarting washing mashine twice:)

I got quite stuck yesterday when he had 1.5h nap and was OT at 5:45. I put him down fr 30min, but then he was aleep by 8.30 :( He did sleep nonstop till 6 though! :) Now he is back asleep at 10am, so it all went back to sq1:( What do you think I should do at 6ish in the afternoon. Put him down as BT or wake him after 30min? We really had a hard time with his BT and that was a long day.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 19:38:11 pm »
Even a 15mins CN can help yk?

For example when DD was struggling a bit around this stage in the transition, I'd apop a quick CN in the car at 9am ish for 15mins and that used to get her to usual nap time. So you could try that perhaps? Maybe a 15mins CN at 9.30am on days like today. It's not full time but I found I had to do it here and there, maybe once a week or two weeks just to keep to the usual nap time. Failing that, you could try a CN for 15mins at 5.30pm and that should get you to a decent BT? I'm rubbish at guessing how lomg they'll be able to go after a 15mins CN though, hence why I preferred to do it in the morning! Up to you? It would take a bit of trial and error, but I think the first option would work for you on days like today xx