Author Topic: 3-2 transition too early for 5 months old?  (Read 2330 times)

Offline zissi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 3-2 transition too early for 5 months old?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 10:44:13 am »
Ok so for the last week it worked out that my lo is on 2 naps only. With my help of extending etc she does 2 good naps of 1.5hrs plus. However bt is still a struggle and she often wakes up early in the morning. It takes 30 mins at least to get her down for bed at night, for naps she goes instantly after an a time of 2.45mins.. Could it be that despite 2 naps only her a time in the evening is much shorter than the others? Like 2 hrs only? Was thinking of trying an extra early bedtime tonight and see if that makes a difference. She always wakes 30 mins after bt which is a sign of ot. As things worked out in the last days there wasn't even enough time for a 15 mins nap. We have loads of night wakings which are prop related. But also some cot parties of 2 hrs plus. Any ideas?
Franziska

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2015, 19:50:42 pm »
I would definitely try an EBT hun. It can't hurt. You're totally spot on wrt the first NW. Definitely OT. It might be that the EBT still yields an early wu but she might have more sleep overall yk?

How long is the A to BT currently? Would you mind posting your easy for me to see if we can tweak things a little before we head back to your prop thread next week xx

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2015, 23:10:01 pm »
I would definitely try an EBT hun. It can't hurt. You're totally spot on wrt the first NW. Definitely OT. It might be that the EBT still yields an early wu but she might have more sleep overall yk?
I agree. There will be some inevitable OT with the transition to 2 naps. I know we get the 30 min OT wake ups anytime there's a routine shift. EBT is a good way to help get things sorted.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014