Author Topic: All over the place since turned clocks back!  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
All over the place since turned clocks back!
« on: November 03, 2015, 11:10:46 am »
Since we've turned back the clocks los schedule is all over the place. He's waking earlier everyday today is moving around before 6! He usually sleeps until 8! Nap time is a struggle and by bedtime he's wired not falling asleep until after 8! Any suggestions?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: All over the place since turned clocks back!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 12:15:16 pm »
Can you post your routine before and after?
Thanks

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 12:57:43 pm »
We were doing awake by 745/8 which was kind of late for him nap around 130-230/3 bedtime 830 asleep by 9 sometimes later which is what was causing the late mornings. But ever since we switched to twin size bed we've had nap time and bedtime shennanigans but once asleep he's fine. Now since clocks changed back an hour he's still not falling asleep until after 8 at bed and waking around 630 and nap time is a struggle. Yesterday he finally went down at 1 until 205 and didn't fall asleep until almost 830 and was wired all night!!! It's got to be ot and just confusion with time change. And the new bed isn't helping. He fell back asleep this morning until almost 8! And today he won't be able to nap so what time should I try bed?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 07:47:09 am »
Looking at your other post id say it's to do with your nap dropping too.

What time did you do BT?
Zoe

Offline Emami

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 08:30:11 am »
I agree, I think this is more to do with nap dropping and a new bed than the clocks. If it was just a time change issue he would just be shifted by an hour, I don't think it would cause the messing about. How old is he now?
Emma

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 11:48:45 am »
He's 28 months. And he's been napping again now just sometimes gives me s hard time. We've bee doing up around 7 nap 130-3 or 1-230 bed he doesn't fall asleep until around 9 but usually in bed by 830. Being that he's napping again and hates being woken I'm not capping but we are up to a 14 hour day! But there are just some days were he gives me trouble either at nap or bed and his behavior has been pretty bad these days lol. I think we've officially hit the terrible twos. He's into everything, he's throwing toys and food, having tantrums over things he wants that he can't have. I guess the typical stuff. We are doing a little timeout but it doesn't seem to be helping lol. He's also going through a phase where he's not interested in his toys he just wants to climb furniture and get into stuff. Guess it's another developmental stage?

Offline Emami

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 13:50:34 pm »
Sounds like he has a lot going on. Are his 2yr molars through?
Emma

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 12:28:41 pm »
I can always tell when something is going on because he's not into his usual toys or play but I'm not sure what it is. I thought his molars were in months ago! He's trying to speak more in sentences. He rambles on a bunch of words and some made up ! Lol