Author Topic: What do I do if A time is too short between nap  (Read 918 times)

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
What do I do if A time is too short between nap
« on: November 25, 2015, 10:18:05 am »
Hi my dd is 6 weeks old and I've been trying to get her on a loose 3hr routine.  The problem is in the mornings she'll wake and will eat, lie awake and fuss when she wants back down.  She will then fuss on and off for over an hr.  Today she has done:

Wake up and eat at 7am.

Back in her bed for 7.50 after fussing.  She then slept on and off until 9.35.  I got her up and changed her and attempted to feed her at 10.  She wasn't hungry so I lay her on her mat but she just fussed and cried until I put her back to her bed where she immediately fell asleep.  How long should I give her? She was only awake half an hour.

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
Re: What do I do if A time is too short between nap
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 20:18:19 pm »
Looks like she really just wanted to back to sleep, how long did she sleep in the end? I guess you wouldn't want her to go more than 4hrs between feeds so that she doesn't end up needing more frequent feeds in the night. Maybe you could push that A time more so that after a 7 wake up and feed she's going down around 8:15 maybe then she'll be more ready to eat after her nap....?

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011