Author Topic: 2.5 yr old waking more frequently  (Read 1570 times)

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
2.5 yr old waking more frequently
« on: November 04, 2015, 13:02:38 pm »
Hi, my 2.5 yr old daughter has had a regular 1.5 hr nap every day since she was just over a year old when she dropped her morning nap.  She also has a 7pm bedtime.  Recently she's been waking a lot more in the night really screaming and upset and she's also started doing it about 45 minutes into her nap.  Do you think it's time to reduce the nap?  She used to go to bed happily on a night time but now when 7pm comes she's says she doesn't want to go to bed. Reduce the nap or have a later bedtime?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 2.5 yr old waking more frequently
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 20:14:07 pm »
Hi, there you may want to reduce her nap a bit although there can be a regression at the half year so it could partly be that. Try capping the nap and see if it helps x

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 02:47:26 am »
Did I see that you also have a newborn? It could just be the emotional upsets that come with a new baby in the house. My DD did pretty much the same when DS was born. It passed in a few weeks.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 20:57:36 pm »
Today she decided not to nap at all!  She went to bed ok so I'll see how she goes with no nap at all.

Yeah we have a newborn who is 3 weeks old so it could be from that.  She has been getting worse since she was born although she was fighting bedtime a bit before her sister was born.  Hopefully if it is that she will settle soon as I know it's a huge adjustment for her going from an only child. 

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 22:54:51 pm »
It could be a combination of being ready for a routine change and the new baby. I would just roll with what she throws you for now (which I know can be frustrating with a newborn in the mix). She may go back to napping once she's used to the new normal.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014