Author Topic: LO is wanting 2 FULL feeds within 2 hours!?  (Read 3798 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: LO is wanting 2 FULL feeds within 2 hours!?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2015, 02:16:34 am »
Here in the U.S. It also depends on who you talk to. However, I have heard from both camps: start solids at 6 months as well as starting between 4-6 months.

So I guess this is my LOs way of building my supple up for his growing needs? I guess my concern is not creating a snacking habit.
Jennifer xx

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 07:20:46 am »
The World Health Organisation are the world leaders in breastfeeding knowledge and research regardless of the advice of individual doctors in the various countries. They recommend exclusive BFing until 26wks. Either way it's beside the point really. I wasn't saying your LO wasn't ready for solids just that his demanding extra milk is irrelevant and not an indication that he needs solids. All babies demand extra milk at some time or another between 4-6mo but it isn't because they need anything other than milk. Hope that makes sense.

The three signs to look out for together are being able to sit unaided, able to put things (food) in his own mouth and absence of the tongue thrust reflex.

Many EBF LOs require top ups as A times get longer.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 12:40:17 pm »
Yes I have read that, they call it something with an "r" and I now can't remember the word!

Basically around 4-6 months (based on what I have read) increase the milk supply for their growing digestive needs. So as you said Ali, at some point between 4-6 months they demand more milk. Makes sense since I am finding this is the time where so much is going on with them developmentally and physically.

My LO is working on sitting up but is still in need of support so I know that one of the criteria for starting solids.

I think it was what you have both states, growth spurt and demand of increased milk because last night he didn't wake as much to eat. Only once then woke up just now to eat.

Maybe because I reintroduced top ups or maybe because he increased my supply. Who knows! :D
Jennifer xx

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 16:29:24 pm »
Maybe because I reintroduced top ups or maybe because he increased my supply. Who knows!
Probably a combination of both. I'm glad he didn't wake as much last night!
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2015, 22:16:40 pm »
Excellent!
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011